2: Congratulations!

LATER THAT day, Luna had been joined by Percy and his friend Grover in the Headmaster's office. Her advice to her step-brother had obviously impacted Percy, causing the boy to push Nancy Bobofit into the water fountain. Luna found it funny, of course, yet she kept her head in her lap as the teacher spoke.

"Mr Jackson, a number of your classmates saw you and Mr Underwood arguing with Miss Bobofit, yet you have offered no explanation for how she ended up in that fountain. Other than, I didn't touch Nancy." The teacher explained, "Isn't there anything else you'd like to say for yourself?"

Percy hesitated, "I didn't touch Nancy."

"Okay." The headmaster sighed, "Mr Underwood? Do you have anything you'd like to add?"

"Yes, I do." Grover replied slowly, "Percy had told me earlier in the day that he wanted to get back at Nancy for all she'd done to us."

Percy frowned at the boy's lies, "Grover?"

"And he isn't being truthful about what happened at the fountain either." Grover continued, "He pushed her."

"I see." The Headmaster sighed disappointedly, before looking at Luna, "Miss Ugliano? As for you, I have already called your guardian about the incident. For your despicable actions, we have no other choice but to go ahead with expulsion."

"Nancy hit me first." The girl lied confidently.

"We managed to get hold of the Museum's CCTV." The teacher stated, "There is no recollection of Miss Bobofit touching you."

"Well, I was there in person." Luna shot back, "And she punched me first."

"You're saying the CCTV is lying?" The Headteacher questioned, "Miss Ugliano, I assure you, the assault is as clear as day." He paused at her silence, "Now, is there anything else you'd like to consult with us before you're dismissed?"

Luna shrugged, "What's her punishment?"

"What?" The Headmaster questioned curiously.

"Nancy Bobofit. Her punishment?" Luna continued, "You proceed to expel me and suspend Percy for protecting ourselves. What we did was self-defence. That girl's been bullying Percy for as long I've known him, and probably much longer. Did you really expect Percy to just let Nancy treat him like shit because I'm pretty sure you preach about 'anti-bullying' in this school. Do you not?"

"I-I assure you, Miss Ugliano, Nancy will receive a punishment on her behalf." The Headteacher replied hesitantly, "You're free to go."

The two kids got out of their Cab and walked back to their apartment in the rain, bracing themselves for the backlash of the incident at home. The two kids took a short cut down a small alleyway, mainly because Luna wanted to feed a particular stray dog that roamed the streets near her apartment.

A black Dutch Shepard bolted towards her joyfully, his tail wagging despite the cold weather and his obvious lack of food. Luna had wanted to take him home for a while, yet Gabe did not approve, no matter how many times Sally tried to convince him. Luna unzipped Percy's backpack on his back, before retrieving his half eaten sandwich.

"Here you go, boy." Luna patted his wet fur, as he quickly scoffed down the food. She bent down, almost falling over as the hyper dog licked the girl's face.

Percy smiled at the dog, who seemed to make Luna so happy, before waving it goodbye.

Luna questioned, "Percy?"

"Luna." He matched her tone sarcastically.

"How's your mom... when she finds out about school stuff?" Luna asked curiously, "Will she be mad at you?"