15: Witch-Bitch

CAPTURE THE flag commenced and, as usual, Luna was ordered to be a 'look out' for her team- though the girl knew that the campers just wanted her gone. After finding out she was a child of Hecate, Luna was probably seen as a threat or a fatality; they probably were scared of being turned into farm animals, since that was all Luna could do.

She sat on a big rock, Chiron's words from last night echoing through her mind- 'You have great power, Luna, and you have only unlocked a small amount of it.' Luna didn't know if what Chiron was telling her was true, in doubt that he was only trying to make her feel better.

A rustle of leaves came from the distance, as a curly-haired girl holding a spear walked towards the girl. It was Clarisse, of course, however she was alone, which freaked Luna out because she always had her siblings behind her for bullying support.

"The Flag's not here." Luna stood up, folding her arms across her chest.

"I know." Clarisse smirked evilly, and Luna took this as an opportunity to pick up her shield and sword- the last thing she wanted was to end up back in the Infirmary again.

Clarisse laughed, banging her new spear 'Maimer' on the ground so electricity ran through it. Without warning, Clarisse lunged at the girl, but Luna had blocked every hit with her shield. Moments like this was when Luna wished that she knew how to use her magic, since she was no good using a sword. Clarisse had managed to knock Luna's sword from her right hand, leaving the girl with only a shield against an electric spear.

Luna's impulsiveness took over, as she decided to go to Clarisse's spear instead. Luna dropped her shield,  grabbed at the wooden pole, before pulling it towards her aggressively. Clarisse pulled it back towards her, praying it wouldn't snap in half again, so stopped pulling against Luna. Suddenly, the two fell to the ground, Clarisse landing on top of Luna as they panted heavily.

She frowned in confusion, as Clarisse didn't move for a solid ten seconds- she just did that smirk again. A new feeling in Luna arose, before pushing Clarisse off of her by the shoulders.

"Get off!" Luna managed to say, as Clarisse slowly got off of the girl. She scurried to her feet quickly, watching as the Ares kid handed her the shield.

"Good game, Red." Clarisse said in the same teasing tone, as she grabbed her spear off of the ground and ran back to the commotion of Capture The Flag.

Luna stood blankly for a moment, watching as Clarisse left- What had just happened?

The girl had spent all day in the forest with her owl, Kamali, trying to figure out how to control her gifts. After a long time of confusion, Luna had managed to move a pile of leaves with her mind; she'd just have to sit and focus on the object, which tired her out, but it gave her hope.

Luna had given up on telekinesis, mainly because she was distracted by what had happened with Clarisse. She couldn't get the girl off of her mind, which Luna hated because Clarisse had made her time at Camp very frustrating.

A part from a few kids, the Hermes cabin was empty, meaning that Luna could relax in her bed until the kids came back from their activities. Luna sat down on the bottom bunk, taking off her red converse before laying down on top of her bedsheets. She looked up at the wooden beams which held the bed above her, noticing the writing carved into it.

Luna squinted, focusing on the swirling words that moved in her mind. Her dyslexia was worse when she was stressed, but she managed to make out the words 'Luna Ugliano' and 'bitch', which was pretty clear of its message. She read the words around it, 'UGLYano', 'witch-bitch'... 'brother-killer'. Anger boiled in her body as she aggressively put on her shoes, and stormed outside. Luna knew who did it.

"Hey!" She shouted, as she stormed over to the Ares table where she was met with Clarisse and her siblings, "What the fuck is your problem?"

However, Clarisse didn't have that smirk on her face, instead her expression flickered with concern. She let out a teasing chuckle, as she stood up to meet with Luna, "What are you talking about, Red?"

Clarisse turned around to entertain her siblings as they laughed, which gained some attention from other Campers. Luna shouted, "I know what you did! What you wrote above my bunk."

"Gods, don't flatter yourself, Red." Clarisse scoffed, "Why would I be in your Cabin?" Clarisse's siblings laughed.

Luna's body erupted with rage, as she shoved the Ares kid back, "Just admit it. Go on!"

Clarisse stumbled, her expression filling with anger but she tried to control it, as her siblings whispered and shouted at Clarisse to hit her back. She took a deep breath, pointing a finger at Luna's chest and pushing her back, "You don't wanna do that, Red." She warned through gritted teeth, "I told you, I don't know what you're talking about."

Suddenly, Luna clenched her fist and punched Clarisse in the jaw. She stumbled back, holding her bloody nose as she groaned in pain. Clarisse wiped the blood from her face, before grabbing Luna's camp t-shirt and pulling it towards her so they were face to face. Clarisse could've hit Luna back, but something inside her made her back down- it didn't help that Chiron was wheeling towards them, with a very slow Mr D walking behind him.

"That is quite enough!" Chiron's voice boomed, as Mr D separated the two girls with an eye roll. Clarisse wiped her nose, as she walked away with her siblings angrily, leaving a extremely angry Luna behind.

"Lena Uglingo, you make my time here even more tiring." Dionysius complained, as he stood blocking her from Clarisse. He rolled his eyes, "What are you waiting for? Walk. Go to the Big House... before I fight you myself." He muttered exaggeratedly.

"Mr D." Chiron warned, "I'm sure I can escort Luna."

Dionysius put his hands up in surrender, stepping away from the girl instantly. He muttered, "Who's Luna?"

Chiron wheeled himself along next to Luna as they made their way towards the Big House. Chiron cleared his throat, "I don't want to ask, but it's my duty to keep you safe. So, you need to tell me what happened."

Luna paused, kicking a pile of leaves as she walked, sarcasm laced through her voice, "Somebody wrote that I killed Percy on my bed. They engraved it into the wood of my bunk actually, but I'm the one in the wrong."

Chiron replied calmly, "Nobody said you were in the wrong-"

"Well, I don't see Clarisse being escorted off!" Luna snapped, before pausing, "Sorry."

"And you're sure it was Clarisse?" Chiron questioned curiously.

"Who else could it have been?" Luna replied, "She's had a problem with Percy and I since we stepped foot in this Camp."

"I see." Chiron nodded understandably, "Well, she will be punished, I assure you. As for you, we need to work on that anger... Uncontrollable emotions are dangerous for those with magic."

a/n:
i kinda wanna write a maze runner book (pls give me some ideas), what are your thoughts?