5: Kleos

LUNA JUST wanted to go back home. She didn't belong in the camp like everybody else. Her mother hadn't claimed her, which sounded worse when it came from Mr Brunner- who Luna had reunited with in centaur form. The man's name was Chiron, and he didn't actually need a wheelchair for the Mist hid his horse body. Luna still thought she was dreaming, so kept pinching her arm as Mr Brunner- well, Chiron- toured her around the camp. Percy was unclaimed too, which made it better for Luna because at least they had each other.

However, Percy hadn't spoken a word since he awoke from the hospital this morning. He obviously missed his mom, but so did Luna. His silence made her feel like it was her fault- which was a stupid thought- but Luna couldn't help but think if she wasn't refusing to attend the camp, they would've made it before the Minotaur arrived.

Chiron explained, "You'll be staying here. Hermes, God of travellers. His cabin is home to both his own children, and the unclaimed."

Chiron left them alone in the cabin filled with other half-bloods, as Luna lead Percy towards a pile of their things and sleeping bags.

"Percy, listen." Luna cleared her throat nervously, her throat still dry from shouting and crying, "I'm sorry for what happened to your mom-"

"Please, don't." Percy couldn't even meet her eyes, "It's not your fault, but I'm not ready to talk about it, okay?"

"Okay." Luna nodded quickly, before she gently nudged her step-brother, watching as three older boys approached them.

Percy stood up quickly, "Look, if you want to give me a hard time, please do it tomorrow. I can't do anymore today."

"I heard what happened to you on the hill. And I just... I want to say I'm really sorry. I know what you're going through, believe me." The boy spoke, before reaching his hand out, "I'm Luke."

Percy smiled slightly, "Percy. This is Lu- Luna?"

However, the girl had already left, practically storming out of the Cabin towards Chiron's cabin- where he was playing cards with Mr Dionysius, the actual God, which Luna found impossible to believe.

She knocked on the wall beside her, "Is this a bad time?"

Dionysius answered quickly, "Yes-"

"No." Chiron interrupted, "Go ahead."

"I want to go home." Luna exclaimed, as Dionysius bursted out laughing. She frowned, folding her arms over her chest, "What's funny?"

"Who even are you, kid?" Dionysius scoffed, judging the girl heavily as she took a sip from his Diet Coke can.

"Luna Ugliano." She replied confidently.

"Okay, Lena Uglingo." Dionysius retorted, "I suggest you-"

"That's not my name... but okay." Luna frowned, before looking at Chiron, "Mr-I mean, Chiron, please send me home. You've made some kind of mistake. I'm not a God."

Chiron glanced at Dionysius, before answering, "It's not safe for you to go home. As you are aware, their are monsters in which threaten your life. This sanctuary will keep you safe."

"Look, I didn't ask to be here." Luna shot back, "I found out less than twelve hours ago that I'm a half-blood. It didn't change anything about my life when I lived in New York. So why am I suddenly so special?"

Chiron sighed, "I understand your point. But I'm sorry, Luna, you have to stay for the safety of everyone."

Luna rolled her eyes, before walking outside towards the Hermes cabin, however she was met with Percy and his new friends.