13: Daughter Of The Sorcerer

LUNA HAD prepared herself for what death would feel like. She didn't know what to expect but it definitely wasn't how she imagined it. She didn't know she could imagine in death, but Luna didn't know entirely how she felt about the whole thing. However, Luna knew you weren't ever meant to wake up.

She shot up with a gasp, her eyes adjusting to the bright light beaming in from the window. Luna didn't know that death was the camp half-blood infirmary? She didn't know that Chiron could accompany her in death either... then it hit her. Luna wasn't dead at all.

"It's okay, Luna." Chiron reassured, as he wheeled himself towards her bed, "You're safe."

"Where's Percy?" Luna's voice was dry and hoarse, as a sharp pain shot through her chest, "What happened? Where's Percy?"

"Don't panic yourself." Chiron spoke calmly, "Percy, Annabeth, and Grover are still continuing on their quest."

"So, he's okay?" Luna questioned quickly.

Chiron hesitated for a moment, "I haven't received anymore information on your brother."

"Anymore information?" Luna worried, "What do you already know?"

Chiron sighed, "You're not in the right condition-"

"I don't care!" Luna raised her voice, as she stood up quickly, "If you won't tell me, I'll go find my brother myself."

Chiron wheeled himself after the girl, who had stormed out of the infirmary, despite her dizziness. She heard the footsteps of someone else behind her, though decided not to look back. Luna's main priority was leaving camp and finding her brother, she couldn't be delayed by anyone.

"Walking already?" The voice of Clarisse questioned from behind her, though Luna kept walking. Clarisse teased, "Are you not speaking to me now?"

Luna rolled her eyes as she stopped walking, "I don't want to speak to you. I never did."

It occurred to Luna that Clarisse had been waiting outside the Infirmary for her.

Luke walked towards the two girls, "Luna? You're okay?"

Luna ignored him and continued walking, as Clarisse continued to follow, "Considering you were dead for three days, you-"

"What?" Luna stopped, before turning to face the girl in concern, "What did you just say?"

"Clarisse." Luke warned, "I think it's too soon-"

"Didn't Chiron tell you?" Clarisse tilted her head, which made Luna debate on whether she could trust the girl or not. She continued, "The Apollo kids had to give you loads of their medicines and shit. You kinda owe them-"

"Percy." Luna muttered quietly to herself.

"No, I don't think you heard me." Clarisse frowned with a smirk, "The Apollo kids checked up on you every second of the day. Trust me, you should've seen their faces when-"

"I've been out for three days?" Luna repeated in shock, as her breathing hitched in panic, "Percy couldn't be anywhere right now! How the fuck am I gonna find him-"

"You don't seriously think he's..." Clarisse's smirk faded slightly, as she folded her arms across her chest, "Wait, you don't know, do you?"

"Know what?" Luna shot back quickly, "Don't fuck with me, Clarisse! Know what?"

"Clarisse, come on." Luke warned, "It's her first day back alive."

"Percy... he fell out of Athena's sanctuary." Clarisse explained, though her usual spiteful tone had vanished and the girl was almost feeling sorry for Luna.

Luna's breath had stopped, almost as if all the oxygen in the world had vanished. Her lungs ached and her heart hurt, as she frowned in denial. Tears swelled in her blue eyes, as she took a few steps back.

"No, no... no." Luna's voice broke, as her breathing increased, "That's a lie. Percy... he wouldn't have- he's okay. He's okay."

Clarisse's eyes softened at the girl, as Luke approached her slowly. He reassured, "It's okay, Luna-"

"No!" Luna snapped, warning for the boy to stop... but Luke didn't stop. His voice echoed in the girls mind, as the world spun around her from the dizziness. The side-affects from every doze of medicine the Apollo kid's had given her had kicked in: the lights seemed to bright, every noise was extremely loud, and the thought of Percy made her break down into a sob.

Chiron had finally wheeled himself over to the three, frowning in confusion. He looked at Clarisse, "What did you tell her?"

"The truth." Clarisse hesitated, "I told her the truth."

Chiron frowned, before ordering Luke to take a step back and let him handle this. Chiron was used to meltdowns from half-bloods, though Luke thought he was an expert too.

The boy comforted, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Percy's gone-"

"I said no!" Luna yelled at the top of her lungs, pushing Luke away from her, though she didn't physically touch him. Luke stumbled to the floor from the force that had hit him, before his eyes widened at the sight of himself. The boy's hands started shaking, long hair growing quickly from his skin, as he shouted in panic.

Luna opened her eyes, and looked at Luke... though it didn't look like Luke at all. A goat stood in front of her, bleating in distress as it galloped around the area. Luna's eyes widened in realisation, as a tear fell down her cheek. Whispers from campers in the area had became louder as a crowd started to form.

"I-I don't understand." Luna spluttered, automatically looking at Clarisse for help but her dark eyes were raised to above the girls head. A smirk appeared on Clarisse's face as she glanced at Chiron, who was almost in a state of shock as his eyes traveled to above Luna's head.

Luna looked up slowly. Two crossed spectral torches appeared above her, as she frowned in confusion though also in a sense of pride. She didn't imagine turning Luke into a goat would gain her mother's attention.

"Luna Ugliano." Chiron announced, "You have been claimed by Hecate. The Sorcerer. The Goddess of magic, the moon, and the dead."

A cheer bellowed from the campers that were scattered around the area, as Luna locked eyes with Clarisse as she clapped slowly- she was impressed. The other Hermes camp members however, weren't so thrilled that their best swordsman had been turned into a farm animal.

a/n:
sorry for the late post