twenty-nine

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-NINE

'  WEDNESDAY, 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐  'Uptown Records ━━━━GOODBYENew York, NY

WEDNESDAY, 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐  '
Uptown Records ━━━━
GOODBYE
New York, NY .ᐟ

❛ WANNA   TALK. ❜

"There's just somethin' about this that's missing." Imani rubbed her temples in frustration, her feet tapping against the smooth wooden flooring.

The in-studio producer that Andre had sent for her kept on mingling with different beats for the song that she wanted but none sounded good. Well to Imani it didn't.

Something was missing, something that lacked within the beats. He was a good producer she'll admit that but it just wasn't good enough for her.

Maybe the privilege of having a boyfriend who knows how to produce is spoiling her but it gave her a good ear on knowing what things should and shouldn't sound.

She was just about to ask him to switch out the beat when the studio doors busted open revealing someone that she hadn't seen in a while.

"Imani! Did you hear what happened?" Dalvin bursts through the studio doors causing the woman to look at him with wide eyes.

"Dalvin what's wrong?" Imani stands up abruptly walking over to where Dalvin stood. He looked frantic almost even scared and that made Imani worried.

"I don't know man but I was at Uptown for a meeting and come to find out Andre just fired Puff." It was as if a pin dropped by the revelation. Stepping back, Imani's eyes furrowed deeply, Andre fired the one man who was the reason why some of the artists he had on that label image were put together the way it was now.

"It is for a reason that he is the CEO.
eve it. Out of the blue just fired? Like that? It was really that simple. Of course, it would be that simple. He's the CEO for a reason.

"C'mon let's go?" Imani didn't have any time to react as she was immediately dragged out of the studio.

The car ride was eerily silent as neither had anything to say. They'd just find out that their A&R was fired so saying anything would just make the mood worsen.

Once they arrived at Uptown, Imani couldn't help but have this odd feeling brew within her. Upon exiting the car she rubs her hands against her arms.

Dalvin wastes no time in entering the tall building, passing the receptionist like a breeze. Imani struggled to follow behind since he was walking extremely fast.