Puppet🦋

~France somewhere between 1945s - 1955s~

People flocked to the circus to watch a wonderful magic show, a magician waving a wand and turning a cloth into a flower

People flocked to the circus to watch a wonderful magic show, a magician waving a wand and turning a cloth into a flower. Asking an assistant to the stage, he put her in the box, waving the wand, the woman disappeared. Applause rained down and again waving the wand, the assistant returned to the box.

The next turn was the tightrope dancer, who danced on a thistle rope in the heights with incredible movements. People with their mouths agape and wonder in their eyes watched her doing cartwheels and standing on her hands. Jumping on a rope and doing tricks, she soon landed on the stage bowing.

Next, the twins are throwing leaves. Swinging in the air and changing positions. Swinging, they let go with their hands. Connecting in the air and doing somersaults, they switched places.

A great performance ended the day. Crowd leaving the circus. Two police officers waiting. They watched the people leave and after they left, they entered the circus. Looking at the places, they walked forward. Entering the freaks' tent, they tried to look fearless.

One of them, clearing his throat, looked at the mimics smiling. He shows a picture of a young policeman with a paper in his hand. Asking if they have seen this. Mimics looking at each other shrugging. The policeman asked again with a sigh. 'But in the end he got lost here.' Mimics looking at each other with index fingers raised. Another posed, thinking. The humorless policemen got nervous and one caught the mime shouting.

"Stop fooling around or I'll take you away with and arrest.' The mime laughed silently and footsteps were heard from behind. A figure dressed in a red dress and wearing a hat walked in. 'What gives us this honor?' A speech was heard.

The policemen stepped forward showing the paper. ' we're investigating missing people boy pack innocent last seen next to the circus, our young policeman got lost here last time'
heard the words policeman.

A smiling woman looks at the paper. Leads the duo deeper. 'They haven't been seen in the circus, you can explore the places yourself' The woman spread her arms and pointed to the tents. The police are investigating the tents and the freaks are following them. They entered only one tent. They found dolls there. The dolls' mouths were sewn wide and their eyes were frighteningly real.

The dolls, looking like real people, sit in a row along the edges. Their heads were sewn in place, and long strings came off their shoulders.

The two policemen looked at each other and walked forward. There were many dolls and one was above all. A doll whose mouth was wide open. 'Is that a ventriloquist puppet?' A question was heard in the room.

Steps followed and the two turned around with horror in their eyes. With a hat on their head and a black suit on, a figure stepped out with glowing red eyes.