Part 3

"Your holiness, are we really going to raise those babies?"

"Hmmm, I don't see why not" Igan said without much thought. He was too busy thinking about tonight, to care about some babies.

"Your holiness! Please reconsider! Those things aren't even human! One's a half Elf!"

*Smack*

"Enough! I have spoken and it shall be! Those babies are to be raised here till someone takes them off our hands! Is that clear!?" Igan had slapped the nun with enough strength to force to send her back, falling to the floor.

Letting out a sigh, "Have the babies be raised by some of the nuns... Make sure they don't share the same view as you"

The nun now acting meekly simply nodded, with her voice shaking she asked, "What are we to do about their food...?"

"Tsk, can't you think for yourself women! Hire a woman from the streets!" Igan throws a gold coin at the nun, "Before you ask! Use this to pay her!"

Igan stormed off leaving the nun alone

---------------------------------------------------------&&

The city of Torgrenze is a border town, diving the forest of the Green Skins and the Soles Empire. Once every year there is a Scarlet Moon. During those nights the monsters within the forest go insane and become berserk, attacking the city in waves. It's for that reason that many merchants in the area take shelter within Torgrenze for a few days till the monsters are killed or repelled back into the forest.

Merchants aren't the only ones who head to the city during the Scarlet Moon. Adventurers also flock to the city seeking fortune in the form of monster corpses. They help bolster the city defenses and attack with the knights.

Ava and Folas fall into the latter category.

"Folassssss, when's the event gonna start..."

"Patience Ava, it's not an event. This is a serious mission we have been sent on" Folas takes out arrows checking for any last minute imperfections, "Don't forget you're the one who chose this mission"

"I didn't think it would be this boring! We have been here for a few days already and the most interesting thing we saw was that huge blue lightning bolt in the sky! We haven't even killed anything..."

"You're right about the lighting part. What's more interesting to me though is why babies were left in the forest... It doesn't make sense"

"Ohh yeah, that's interesting but isn't because one's a half Elf?"

"But then why the other two babies, it just doesn't seem right" Folas goes into deeper thought, "They also happen to be at the exact spot as the lighting it's like"

Before Folas can finish his train of thought, he gets interrupted by an adventurer.

"Well if it ain't old sour Folas and the lovely Ava" the man says hitting Folas on his back

"Fred!" Ava lights up

"Fredrick... I thought I told you not to hit me so hard" Folas says turning to him.

"Hard, oh come on. You really be an old man at this rate." Fredrick whispers "I know all the young women be thinking that you's a young man, when's you gonna tell the truth about yeh age?"

"I ain't that old for an Elf believe it or not"

"Really now?" Fredrick turns to Ava, "How many years this old man got in him"

"I ummmmm..."

"Don't tell me you forgot your brother's age" Fredrick says smiling

"I didn't! It's just let me think. Hmmmmm"

"Fredrick, you won't be able to get my age out of my sister. She doesn't even remember how old she is."

"I got it! He's 200 years older than me!"

"200 years!" Fredrick turns to Folas, "You're 200 years old?!"

"Try, 2500 years old" Folas says putting away his arrows

"Good God, If I could live for that long and still look young... Imagine all the women I could be with"

"You call me an old man but aren't you getting up in there in years" Folas says

"Am only 30, you know. Still young enough to be with women." Fredrick says

Before Ava or Folas can comment on what he said, the city bells start ringing. They look up into the sky, the Scarlet Moon has begun.

The three of them rush to the city gate. There on a wood elevated platform stands Igan the high priest.

"All of you gather around so you may receive your blessings!"

Knights and Adventurers all gather around, including Folas and his group. Igan mutters some prayer, the result. A huge gentle ray of golden light envelops the people. Strength it fills them with.

"Now go!" Igan said, the knights and Adventurers were ready for battle.
---------------------------------------------------------&&

The city shakes with every new spell the mages launch. The marching footsteps of the monsters could be felt even within the darkest parts of the cathedral.

There in a basket lies Albert, Tony and German. Tony the only one out of the three, is still asleep.

German and Albert are left to their thoughts.

"Am hungry," Albert thinks to himself

"Should I sleep" German thinks, "I mean nothing else is happening..."

Before German could shut his eyes, a nun entered the room with another woman behind her.

"These are the children you shall be feeding for the next few months." With that explanation the nun leaves the woman to her own devices.

"About time" Albert thinks

"Please no" German thinks to himself

"Zzzzzzzz" was Tony

---------------------------------------------------------&&
On an island off the coast of the Soles Empire, lives a tribe of indigenous people. There they worship the Scarlet Moon, any born under it are seen as people with great destinies.

"The chieftain daughter has been born!"

The tribe celebrates this momentous occasion, for along with her birth is a prophecy.

"A being her dark black hair and deep purple eyes shall bring prosperity to the tribe along with the chieftain daughter!"