Part 6

"Can't believe Father Igan is making me clean this entire church!" Albert says, sweeping the floor of the cathedral.

"This place is unsettling, especially when it gets dark." As he was ranting, the sun had already begun to set. Having to light the candles before then, he rushes to get everything clean.

Once finished lighting the candle, Albert continues to sweep the floor. From the corner of his eye, he notices the candles he lit are flickering violently. As if possessed.

"Nope, I ain't dealing with this shit. Am out" He walks towards the door only to see them shut close.

"Oh hell naw! I'm not gonna die here!" He runs at the door, trying to force it open. Using all his strength, he can't even manage to make the door budge. He turned back, looking towards the back of the church. He saw the cross, it was too late.

---------------------------------------------------------&&

"In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Today, we gather to remember three young men, Tony German and Albert. They were cherished by many. Let us find solace in the memories we shared, embracing the love and kindness they bestowed upon us. As we mourn the loss, we also celebrate a life well-lived. May the three of them find eternal peace in the embrace of our Creator. Amen."

Angel Zamora received the news that his three friends had lost their life in Cuba. Apparently they were robbed and shot at night. Leaving the funeral, he doesn't feel the loss of their life. It feels as if it isn't real. It was just 3 weeks ago they were talking about how they were in Cuba. The last night they talked they mentioned about how they were going to a bar. The cops didn't say much besides it being an unfortunate situation, where they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's decided right there and then he would go to Cuba and find out more, in hopes for feeling a sense of closure.

---------------------------------------------------------&&

Tony and German explored the city for the day, as the sun was setting they decided to head to the cathedral. They wanted to check in on Albert and to see if he needed any help. As they walked, German asked about Ava and Folas.

"What are they teaching you?"

"They are trying to get me attuned to my elf's blood."

"That's so you can use spirits?"

"Yeah, although they think it's gonna be difficult for me since they think I am a half elf."

"Why do they think that?"

"Apparently an elf can't survive being born without being close to the world tree."

"Then how do half elves survive?"

"I think it has something to do with their blood but I don't know. It's better to ask them."

"I guess but now that I think about it. I haven't seen them around at all lately."

"They're on a mission right now."

"Mission?"

"Ava said it had something to do with cultists."

"Cultists huh, didn't Father Igan tell us about them recently?"

"He did but am not sure if they are the same ones." Tony stopped walking and pulled out a paper from his satchel, "Here, look German. This should be the symbol the cultists use."

German takes the paper from Tony's hand. On it is a scribble of a heart positioned above a four-leaf clover.

"A clover?"

Tony takes back the paper, "Father Igan said it's just a bunch of drunks spouting nonsense."

Just as German was going to ask more about them, it began to rain.

"Let's hurry to the cathedral!" Tony said booking it, while running Tony drops the paper from his hand but doesn't notice. German sees this but figures it's too late to save it. The moment the paper hit the mud, the rain would ruin all of its contents.

As the both of them run off, they are noticed by a man hiding between the alley ways. He wears a cloak covering his entire body. The man sees Tony drop the paper, waiting for them to be fully gone from view, he goes to retrieve it. The man reaches for it as he picks up the paper, his arm is exposed for just a moment. On his forearm carved in red is a heart positioned above a four-leaf clover.