Beginning of destruction!

As soon as the war begins; the land of kurukshetra which is quiet some minutes ago, turned into a devasting violence. Armies from both sides started fighting with each other following the command of their respective kings. Soon the bloodshed started engulfing the battle-field in horror.

Arjuna somehow managed to stabilize his mind; Krishna through his powers enlightened arjuna's consciousness. Krishna looked at karna who is now his "rathi' and asked him to choose a warrior for combat.

Karna looked at his opponents in which he finds his best friend duryodhana, his companions dushasana, ashwathama, shakuni and commander of chief of kaurava's army pitamah bhisma. Pitamaha seeming to be deadly for pandavas troops as he got strictly instructions from duryodhana to destroy pandavas troops on it's first day.

Karna took a minute and decided to handle pitamah, he know he couldn't stop him for a longer time, but at least he could manage to prevent him in harming his army.

Duryodhana catches karna and they both gazed at each other. Duryodhana hold his mace and asks karna to fight with him. He promised him that he will try to give him a good death and laughed evily. Karna thanked duryodhana for his offer and ensured him that he will try his best to not harm him in a way that he would face difficultly in proposing this kind of lucrative offers to him in future; krishna and karna both laughed and duryodhana become infuriated over their bonding.

Karna fired his arrow seeing duryodhana's upcoming move which ultimately ends up destroying duryodhana's chariot in pieces. Duryodhana was shocked, he didn't process what happened with him in less than a minute. He stood and run away towards karna with a kind of rage in his eyes. Krishna reminded Karna that it's his enemy who is running towards them, not his friend. So, he should be in his senses.

Karna nodded and jumped down from the chariot holding his mace in grip. They both started striking at each other rigorously, duryodhana tries to knock down karna's moves. But, he failed in doing so, instead he got injured from karna's attacks.

Arjuna was looking the fight and started praising karna. Bhima was busy in killing duryodhana's brothers and other pandavas are fighting with other maharathi's. Sahadev caught shakuni and decided to teach him a good lesson, but before he reach him, uncle shakuni disappeared from his sight.

Arjuna choosed to fight with bhisma as his arrows were piercing their army module and it would prove them costly.

Bhima after killing 20 brothers of duryodhana started looking for duryodhana, he wanted to share this news to him and watch him grieving over his brother's death.

After many attacks, karna succeeded in defeating duryodhana and stopped hurting him when he found he is whining with pain. Karna went back to his chariot and asks krishna to take him to their next opponent.

Arjuna reached bhisma's spot and took his blessings by folding hands. Bhisma blessed him with invincibility and good health. Arjuna asked bhisma to stop fighting from their enemies side, he expressed his hesitation in picking weapons against him.

Bhisma replies to arjuna, that it's not possible for him to leave duryodhana's side and orders him to fight with him with his all might. Arjuna remembers bhisma had already revealed the secret of his death and he tried to find shikandhi who is absent due to shakuni's rules for war.

Arjuna somehow took the courage and started battling with bhisma. The war between them went for too long as both warriors are mightiest and have knowledge about various celestial weapons which they got from gods.

Dronacharya also leave no stone unturned in destroying pandava's army. He fighting to follow his dharma which is right according to him. He had the guilt of giving promise to hastinapur king that he picks weapons whenever hastinapur calls for it. It's his helplessness which is not allowing him to run away from everything. In pandavas army, only arjuna has the ability to tackle drona, but he is busy in battling bhisma.

Karna saw drona's wrath on pandavas troops and asked krishna to take the chariot near him. He took drona's blessings and asked for a respectful duel with him. Drona laughed and said, he doesn't pick weapons against a "sutt-putra". He should find someone for duel who don't care about a person's caste unlike him.

Karna wasn't upset by drona's comment on his caste. He knew drona's views on him and he never got frustrated on this subject. Karna reminds drona, that he is his enemy and there would be two result of this war; victory or lose. The caste of a person will not change who will attain death and who survives at last. Karna confidently declare to drona that he will fight with him as he is his enemy and if he doesn't pick weapons, his arrow unwillingly pierce him.

Drona stunned and he starts angrily attacking on karna, he couldn't tolerate his insult. A fierce duel happened between them which went for hours.

Dushasana informed duryodhana that it's abhimanyu who didn't allowed him today to reach bhima and stop him from killing their brothers. Duryodhana proclaim that he wants abhimanyu's death at any cost!

By sunset, shakhas were blown out indicating the end of first day of war!

A/N :
[The real story of this book will begin after war. As this is just a "what if" book, the mahabharata war wouldn't be for 18 days, instead some important incidents will be taken into account & with using some manipulations the war part will be ended by 5-6 chapters].