𝟐𝟖. 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫?

Aarush

Since the moment I returned home from the office I've been observing her running in every corner of the house, especially the kitchen!

"Aarush, is it done?" She delivered her high pitched note from the kitchen

"Almost" I said while tying the knot. That's when I saw her appearing in the living room along with a spatula in her hand.

"You're not done yet" she uttered with a disappointed look towards my work and them in my eyes.

"I'm doing na" I said

"Kab tak? Aaj raat tak? Aaj raat tak sab ready chahiye Aarush, do it fast na! There are just three hours left!" she gestured towards the ample of balloons to be blown by me.

[ Till when? Tonight? We need to have everything ready by tonight ]

"I'm doing it!" I said and she again went back to the kitchen. I like how comfortable we grew around each other and I noticed how our conversations went from only serious talks to random talks in just a week. And I like the fact she's opening up to me and she's comfortable around me too.

No doubt, Yuvaani is much more serious and excited about our babies' birthday than me. She had planned every minute detail and Maa and Papa are excited to help too. Currently, she's baking a homemade cake for the 12 am celebration, just like we celebrated Vihaan's birthday. But I know my babies would be dozing off till then, but she isn't listening and I don't want to turn down her efforts for them. I'll wake them up for cake cutting and make them sleep again.

I went to the kitchen to drink water and she was putting the cake in the oven. While drinking water, I noticed her phone rang and she saw it but ignored it. I doubted who it was. Because she never ignores calls. I timidly looked at her cellphone and saw that her mother was calling her. She saw me looking at the phone and I saw directly in her eyes.

"Uh- I'm busy currently- I'll call her later" she said

"Don't worry, I'll say this to her" I told her and took her phone to answer, but she snatched and cut the call instead.

I remembered how her mother asked her to receive her calls but Yuvaani didn't receive a single call from the day she had been married.

"You think I'm not getting this?" I asked her and she looked everywhere but at me.

"We'll talk about this later" she said and continued doing her kitchen chores.

"Are we gonna talk about this? Really?" I asked and she nodded. I guess she needed space so I decided to let it go, and came to the living room.

"Aaru yeh kya hai?Ab tak kiya nahi tumne?" This time it was Maa.

[ What is this? You haven't done yet? ]

"Woh bichara thak ke aaya hai office se aur tum dono usse kaam karao!" here papa spoke, defending me.

"Arre, but-" Maa was about to say something but Papa cut her off saying "He'll do, you go" and he shooed her off, sitting next to me and began helping me.

He cleared his throat and gained my attention. I looked at him while blowing the balloon. "Is everything okay now?" he asked me.

"As in?" I asked, unsure of what he might be pointing at.

"Among you and Vaani?"

"Hmm" I smiled shortly.

"Keep it like that. She looks after every single minute detail, Aaru. Whether it is twins or family, she looks after everything. It's our duty to keep her happy. Especially yours."