𝟑𝟏. 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲

Aarush

She freaking fainted in my arms when I asked her regarding allergies. Her skin turned red and that showed many tiny bumps, along with white bumps. These were not present usually on her skin.

A shiver ran down my spine as I saw her blacking out in front of me. "Yu-" I heard Maa say, while she was sprinkling water on her face. But it had no effect on her. I didn't waste any other second in picking her up in my arms and driving her to the hospital. Meanwhile I kept calling her name in the hope if she could reply, but there were none.

As soon as I entered the hospital, the staff ran towards me and they brought a stretcher and I carefully placed her on it. A sense of pinch at my heart happened at that moment, when I was letting her go. I was following the stretcher but they didn't allow me to do so. Instead they asked me to sign up for some formalities.

I right away called her parents to ask and let them know about the same. My father in law picked up a single ring. "Hello" I shivered.

"Hello, Aarush? Is everything alright, beta?"

"Papa, that- I-"

"Why are you sounding so low? You are worrying me, child. Tell me what's the matter?" I can sense the urgency in his tone. And I can't simply hide these things from him because he shouldn't bother. He's her father, he should know.

I don't know why it is getting so difficult to tell him. I opened my mouth to tell him, but no words came out of it.

"Yuvaani has an allergy?" This was the only question I was about to utter.

"Yeah, she has a peanut allergy. But why? Did she- did she eat something wrong-?" He panicked.

"Yeah, we are in the city hospital. Can you please come over?" I asked

"I'll be there" I sensed him getting panicked, whereas I sat on the nearby chair, trying to calm myself down.

Unknowingly, I felt the wetness rolling down my cheeks but I cared less. I put my elbows on my knees and my face in my palms, and weep silently.

I am sorry! I am so sorry, Yuvaani!! I never know- you were going through this much-! I felt my body shaking convulsively due to cries. The guilt of her facing pain because of me was gripping my heart hard! It feels like the whole world is collapsing by my side, and I'm extremely helpless. I didn't know what to do.

I felt like being back to square one. First Priya, now her. This time, I don't want to lose my wife. A sob left my mouth thinking about Vaani. That poor soul doesn't even need to face all this- but still she did. For us.

Her outburst- I don't know! Hearing every word, it felt like I'm dying in a thousand flames of guilt every second. The pain she endured- just because of the fact that she's a second wife? I failed to protect her as a husband. I'm sorry Vaani- I'm just so sorry! I never knew you could think- moreover- her one sided thing- Oh my God!

I felt breathless at the moment.

I know what one sided heart feels like. Before me and Priya came into a relationship, it was all one sided for me. But when she said It hurts to see your husband crave for someone else, in front of you. Then whether you're the first wife or second, the pain is the same.

A fresh set of tears rolled down my cheeks remembering her exact words. My heart again fell into the pit of my stomach, and it gave me a feeling of breathlessness. How did you even manage to endure this much? Hm? You could've just come to me and slapped me. You can tell me all this long back, you don't have to endure any of this. You're not meant for this. Clearly. This is because of me, you're facing this right? I'll make it right. I really will. Will you give me a chance to make it right-?