𝟑𝟓. 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

Yuvaani

I woke up a bit later than usual today, and hence, it led to a late in every damn thing! Late brush, late breakfast, late everything! I hate being late!! I quickly did my morning routine and stepped out of the bedroom and made my way towards the living room where Papa was reading the newspaper, Maa was in the kitchen and Aarush was feeding the kids. I quickly made my way towards the kitchen and helped Maa with breakfast.

"Beta, it's already done, you just have breakfast with us" Maa said when I looked around to help her with something.

"Sorry Maa- woh- I woke up late-"

"There's nothing to be sorry about, sometimes I too wake up late. Good thing is, you are not rushing for office, otherwise it would be an issue if you were late"

"Yeah. Oh, office! I'll make his lunch!" I said as I almost forgot that I have to make him lunch.

"He didn't tell you?" Maa asked me with an unbelievable expression.

"What?"

"Nawabzaade ne office chhod diya" she said. And by her expression I can surely tell she's not happy with this. It felt more like a taunt too. I didn't say anything.

[ Sir resigned from his office ]

"I'll take breakfast to the table" I uttered to which she nodded and took water for everyone.

So, everyone settled around the dinner table for breakfast. I took Ansh over my laps as he was following me since he saw me in the morning.

"Mumma" he chirped and milk was oozing out of his mouth. I was about to clean it but Aarush had the napkin so he did. "Yes baby, good morning" I wished him and kissed his cheeks.

"Moing" he wished me back.

"Arre waah, my baby knows how to say morning, good job baby" I kissed him again.

"Moing moing" he repeated after me and he stood on my laps as he wanted to see what was on my plate, I held him firmly. He leaned rigorously towards my plate and wanted to grab paratha from my plate! Babies means mischief.

"Wait. I'll give you. Don't get your hands dirty" I suggested to him and then he took a turn and held my face. Perfect opportunity. I grabbed a mini bite of my paratha and put it in his mouth. As he has teeth now, he chewed. I think he likes it. That's when he spitted his bite on Aarush.

Omg.

He wore a white t-shirt, firstly.

Secondly, he was about to take his first bite and this happened.

I quickly took Priyansh's bite off his tee and placed it on the side of my plate. "You shouldn't do this" I told Priyansh and he leaned on Aarush's shoulder to give him a kiss.

Kids are so unpredictable.

"What are you trying to do now, any plans?" Papa asked, looking straight at Aarush.

"Yeah, I'm working on it. Will let you know if it's done"

"Firstly, Aarush. You need to do this earlier, when you are working. You should just implement it now. Financially it may be challenging now"

"Don't worry, Papa. I'll take care of everything"

I nudged him sideways and gained his attention.

You left your job? I mouthed him to which he just simply nodded.

But why? I mouthed him again

Will tell you after breakfast he mouthed me and continued with his breakfast. I looked at him unknowingly. Whenever I back off, he gives me another reason to take a step towards him. I find contentment when I know he's near me, with me. It's just that- I'm hurt-