The Day Of The Year; A Very Merry Christmas

*John's POV*

1986, December 25th

Entry 21

Well, today's the day. It's been weeks since I last remembered the incidents happened this past few weeks.

I've been living with Riko for a long while now, I feel like I'm really home. Today, it's best for me to give her this present. Which I really hope she will love it, or want it.

*No One's POV*

That very night, at Knapford Station, all the engines and people gather around with warmness around them, gathering around the big Christmas tree beautifully decorated.

Choirs singing, children laughing, it was all perfect.

Riko was gazing at the tree holding a present, amazed by it's beauty, admiring the choirs and smile at the star on top of the tree.

Just then, John came.

"Sorry that I'm late."

"Hmph, kept me waiting like that."

"Heh. You've changed almost a hundred percent."

"Oh, well. Anyways, here's my gift. Open it up."

John slowly opened his gift, to his surprise, it was a family photo of his parents and him when he was 10. With a letter written;

"John, this is your mother writing, I just wanted to say that, me and your father have a terrible feeling when you were younger, so we went to a fortune teller to know our future, when she told us about an incoming plane crash for our holiday, we knew we had to come up with something, we can't decline the flight cause we already booked the tickets. Then I realised I forgot to book yours cause I was so overworked that I can't focus. We knew we have to leave you behind so that you'll be spared. We haven't been good parents, cause we didn't get enough time to spend with you, playing with you, etc. We know that our relatives won't care for you cause they always despise your autistic problems. Then, we came across a kind rich man who was willing to help. After some discussion, we agreed that his daughter, Riko, will look after you in the future, making sure you'll stay put and understand the whole world. Riko can be mean, but it was only an act to get your attention. Plus, she has a willing of marrying you in the future. My son, we're really sorry for eveything. But, even if we are gone, we're always, in your heart. Your's truly, Mom."

John was so surprised and turned to Riko, who put her hand behind her back moving them, while blushing.

"I was thinking that I should give you this letter for Christmas, from the past few years, but now it's best for you to learn to whole thing."

John was so surprised, he was heartbroken and happy.

Sure, his parents didn't give him enough attention for years, but what is important is that, they love him dearly.

"Thank you Riko. I have a gift that WILL represent your willing."

Riko was confused a bit when opening his gift, she was so shocked when she opened it.

Inside was, an engagement ring along with a missiletoe. There was a note included saying;

"Can I take your hand in marriage?"

Riko started crying, with a smile on her face. She put the ring on her finger, took hold of the missiletoe and hold between her and John.

"Yes, I will have you as my dearest husband."

With their hearts racing, the two came close to each other's face, and kissed on the lips.

This was indeed, the best day of Christmas, in their entire, lives.