Valentines day

Valentines day. I pulled up at Claire's house at half past eleven.

I picked up my phone and texted her, "Hey, I'm here." While sitting in front of her yellow house with the bright red door.

She read the message and responded immediately, "Be right out; you gotta grab something."

"Ok," I replied.

I decided to wait at her door with a purple-stuffed dinosaur, a mixed bouquet of her favorite flowers, and a purple-stuffed dinosaur I found on my trip to Europe.

About 5 minutes later, she came out with a fully packed suitcase and a backpack.

"Want some help with all that?" I asked her softly.

"Yeah, take this." She said while tossing me her backpack, which seemed to weigh about 50 pounds.

"How do you even carry this?" I asked, pulling the backpack over my shoulder.

She shrugged her shoulders and laughed.

I took her suitcase and handed her the flowers and stuffed dinosaur.

"Aw thanks." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

My cheeks began to feel warm, so I looked down quickly before she noticed I was blushing.

"Let's go get coffee before the movie." She insisted.

"Whatever you'd like." I looked back up at her.

"starbies please!" She handed me her phone to add what I wanted.

"Got it." I signaled that it was on me.

Starbucks was a short drive from her house, just around the corner.

I ordered a green tea matcha, and she ordered a caramel cream cold brew with extra whipped cream.

After that, we drove to the movie theater. We went to see "anyone but you." With Sydney Sweeney, who was Claire's celebrity crush.

We got our tickets and a popcorn, cherry coke, and pack of M&M's to share.

I stood up when the movie was over and held my hand out to take the trash.

She intertwined our fingers and held my hand until we got to the car.

It was unexpected and caught me off guard. My stomach was filled with butterflies and excitement when I realized I might have a chance with her.

I opened the passenger door for her and walked over to my side, noticing her hand resting on her chin as she gazed over to my passenger side.

"Everything ok?" I asked her.

She had a grin from ear to ear as she said, "Oh yeah. I just" then leaned in and kissed me.

Our lips met as I was greeted with the aroma of her strawberry and vanilla perfume.
Her lips were soft and smooth.

We pulled away after a few seconds, and she smiled at me.

"Nothing was wrong. I just wanted to thank you." She said it softly.

"Well, that was a wonderful thank you."

"I know." She laughed.

"Ice cream?" I asked.

"YES PLEASE!" She screeched.

"Ok ok. Let's go." I reached my hand over to hold hers.

She squeezed it tightly. We both looked at each other and smiled.

We went to a little hometown ice cream shop just outside of town.

The outside was pink, with assorted wildflowers planted and growing around it.

When we walked in, there was a huge mirrorball hanging from the center of the ceiling.

It smelled like vanilla and freshly baked brownies.

"Mhmmm, we've got to get some brownies while we're here." She said it with wonder in her eyes.

I admired her as she looked around at all of the treats and decorations before we decided to get a cookies and cream milkshake and a half dozen heart-shaped brownies to take home."

"Order for Eliza' The waiter called out while bringing out a massive milkshake in a fountain glass topped with whipped cream and a bright red and juicy cherry.

It only came with one white and blue stripped paper straw. "Hold on, I'll grab another straw," I said, getting up to grab one.

"No. It's ok, we can share."

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah," she smiled, taking the first sip.

"Ok then." I said, sitting back down on the bar stool next to her.

She pushed the milkshake over to me, and I took a sip.

"This is the best milkshake I've ever had." I stated.

"Right! It's so good."

We finished a little while later with a couple short and random conversations.

We went back to my apartment afterwards and watched the sunset on the rooftop balcony.

After that, we headed back inside, and I made grilled salmon with freshly snapped and simmered peas and carrots.

Topped with my signature cilantro and lime garnish.

We ate, then watched a cooking show on the couch with lots of blankets and pillows until she fell asleep on my shoulder.

I kissed her forehead and played with her hair until I eventually fell asleep a little while later, and we stayed there until the sunrise woke us up.

809 words
—————————————————————————
(A/N)
Thank you so much for reading!
Sorry it's a little late lol