~Prologue~

Alexus's POV
Growing up as Taylor Swift's daughter isn't as pretty as it seems. Sure the music is nice, and the money is amazing.. but sometimes I want my mom to be normal. She's just a human. So why do other people feel they need to follow her every move? It's not even just my mom, all my parents are famous. Taylor+Taylor+Taylor. Taylor cubed. Whatever the swifties call it. Im often placed in a shadow, placed on the back burner. I can't do normal things with my mom. Well atleast not privately. We have to have security. My stepmom, Taylor, takes me to the mall and stuff, but it's not the same. I should get to do normal things with my mom like all the other teen girls. But over the years I have come to an understanding that none of that will ever happen. It sucks, it does. My mom is my favorite person on this planet. And I know deep down she just wants to protect me.

I shove an AirPod into my left ear and press play on Spotify, Vicious by Sabrina Carpenter starts playing. It is 9:30 am on Saturday, January 13, 2024. I throw on my Good Riddance sweatshirt and some leggings before heading downstairs. I see my mom place breakfast on the table. She looks up and smiles as she sees me, "Good morning, Lex! How'd you sleep?" I shrug my shoulders with a slight groan, "Erm, fine..I guess." My mom furrows an eyebrow but doesn't push it. "Travis is going to drop Skylar off in about 20 minutes," I tell her.

I can't exactly explain the emotion that plays off of her face from that comment, so I just brush it off. "Sounds good. What are you two doing today?" She asks curiously. I shrug, "I don't know. She's just coming over. It's 2024 mom, people don't plan things ahead of time, they just come over and continue on with their lives in each other's presence." I watch as my mom bites her lip and then puts on a fake smile, "Right, my bad. My life was very different in 8th grade." I take a bite of toast, "Your life was very different in general." My mom looks at me concerned, "Lex, are you mad at me or something?" I shake my head, "No mom, I'm just a little aggravated right now. Not at you or about you." I put my empty plate in the dishwasher, wash my hands, and push my chair in.

"I'm gonna go clean my room up a little bit. Yell for me when Sky is here?" I request. My mom nods with a soft smile. I run up the stairs swiftly. But I'm still able to hear the hurtful sigh that comes from downstairs. I upset her. Maybe I was a little too harsh. I ignore everything that just happened as I clean up my room. My room is pretty basic. I have Lana + Gracie posters covering my cream walls. Along with a large folklore tapestry. There's a wall mounted CD player below a shelf of CD's. I also have Vinyls hanging on the wall above a shelf holding a record player. My room is basically the room of any ordinary fan girl, just way less Taylor Swift.

20 minutes fly by before I hear a cheerful tone yell from downstairs, "Sky's here, Lex!" I bolt down the stairs and see my best friend and her father standing in the living room. "Hey Sky, Hey Travis, Bye Travis," I smile and grab Skylar's hand, "Let's go." We go up the stairs quickly. "Why the rush?" Skylar laughs. "You really wanna stay down there with my mom and your dad? They talk forever, and it's always about boring stuff," I groan. She giggles and tilts her head, "You've got a point."

"Omg girl, did you see Drew Tesner's snap story?" Skylar squeals. "No, why?" I question. "He has a crush on a girl with the initial A...Lexi, it has to be you!" She seems very excited about this. I open my phone up to Snapchat and analyze his stories. Things add up and it's most likely about me. "He's cute, but I don't like him like that. Besides, my mom told me to stay away from Drew's," I shrug. Skylar rolls her eyes, "Your mom just had bad luck. Besides, you can't categorize a man by his name. Unless it starts with a J. We don't like J's." I look at her confused, "We don't like J's?" She nods, "John.. Joe Jonas.. Joe Alwyn." My body tenses at the mention of Joe. My mom thought he was her forever. But they broke up back in 2020 when Covid hit and I couldn't have been happier. I personally hated Joe. He wanted nothing to do with me when my mom was away. He pretended to be nice to me in front of her, but that was it.

"Right, No J's," I agree. "Come on, Drew is super cute. Give the boy a chance!" Skylar giggles. "Yeah no. There's no way I'm dating a boy my best friend thinks is cute," I declare. "Girl I think everyone's cute, even your dad," She shrugs. I gag, "Remind me why I'm friends with you?" She hugs me, "Because we're inseparable!"

Suddenly there's a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in!" I say loud enough to be heard from the other side of the door. Travis opens the door and smiles at us. I look over at him and can't ignore the fact that there is lipstick smeared into his mustache. I sneak a picture of it. Was that there before he got here? He's single. Weird. "I'm gonna head out, call me if you need me Sky, I love you," Travis says. "I love you too dad, bye," Skylar replies. And just like that, Travis is gone. I wait a few moments before speaking up, "Skylar?" Her head turns, "Hmm?" I am careful with my wording, "Has your dad been seeing someone lately? Someone with red lipstick?" She shakes her head, "Nope, he's very single. Besides, I don't know anyone that wears red lipstick, other than your mom of course." Curiosity over takes me, "Sky, there was red lipstick in his mustache." Skylar laughs at me, "Girl you're being delulu." I shake my head, "No, it was there. See look."

Skylar glances at the screen and then up at me, "Why are you taking pictures of my dad? That's weird!" I groan, "Just look!" Skylar looks at the picture and her jaw drops with realization, "He kissed someone." "Made out with," I correct. That lipstick is way too smeared for a simple kiss. Skylar runs downstairs and goes over to my mom, I follow behind her. "Hey Taylor, can I get a snack?" She asks politely. "Of course," My mom replies with a warm smile, walking towards the pantry. And that's when I see it. Her red lipstick is smudged on her top lip. Shivers run down my spine at the thought of my mom making out with Skylar's dad. "Hate to be this person Taylor, but your lipstick is a little smudged," Skylar says as my mom hands her a snack. Skylar thanks her and turns to head back to my room, but she doesn't get far before saying, "Funny enough, it matches the red lipstick in my dad's mustache."

And there it is. Taylor Alison Swift, freezes.