Chapter 20

Carter:

I still can't believe I got the guts to ask Brynn on a date. Never in my life have I been on a date before. Not that I was scared to ask a girl out, but more that I could give a shit less about a relationship and taking girls out on dates. But Brynnley. Brynn is different. I want to give her the world. She deserves everything and more.

She called me after her shift to tell me the plan worked. She tells me the manager even got involved and gave him a strike for his behavior. Only two more strikes to go before he is out of her life. But sadly, he will always be a part of mine.

After I got off the phone with her, I started to get ready for practice. I grab my duffel bag, make my way downstairs, and wait for the other guys to get ready since we are all going to go to the arena together.

I sit on the couch, waiting for the guys to come down since they are taking their sweet ass time.

"Yo, let's go; we're going to be late," I yell up the stairs, waiting for the rest of the idiots to make their way down the stairs.

They start to make their way down the stairs, and we all go to my car.

"What's the plan for tomorrow, boys? I heard there is a huge party going on. Yall down to go?" Brett asks

They all nod, but I shake my head

"Sorry boys, I got a date with Brynn tomorrow," I say with a sly grin.

It's dead silent as I see the boys looking at me from the rearview mirror

"Did Carter Jones just decline an invite to a party because he is going on a date?" I hear Josh say

"The world must be ending," Ryan says as he looks around as if the car is going to blow up.

"You must really like this girl," Brett says

You have no idea what this girl is doing to me

"Yeah, I really do. I think I want to take it to the next step and ask her to be my girlfriend," I say as they all gasp "Bro, you never had a girlfriend in your life! What's happening to Playboy Carter," Josh says

I look at Jason and see his laugh, and I smile, shaking my head

"Why aren't you giving Jason shit. He has Jensen," I say, trying to change the subject.

"Don't bring me into this," Jason says as he playfully punches my shoulder.

"Jason is like an old man. He has had a girlfriend before." Ryan says,

All the guys laugh, knowing they are trying to bust my balls at this point.

"Moral of the story, guys, I can't go to the party tomorrow," I say, trying to end this conversation.

"Well, if you want to know, we all love Brynn. She is like a sister to us, so keep her around for as long as possible," Josh says as the guys agree with him

Oh, I plan to.

We get to the arena and make our way inside.

Practice is pretty easy today. We did our basic drills and practiced new plays.

The only part that sucked was we had to do suicides at the end of practice because the stupid freshmen decided to be late to practice today.

When that was done, we headed back into the locker room and hit the showers.

The boys and I make our way to my car and head home.

Once we get back, I make my way to my room and start planning what I want to do for my date on Saturday.

Should I be cheesy and get her flowers and chocolate?

Do I write her a letter telling her how much she means to me?

Do I rent a limo?

Maybe I should have dated before because I have no clue what to do.

I decided to go ask Jason for some advice because he is evidently the dating expert.

I make my way out of my room and walk down the hall to Jason's room. I knock on his door and hear him say, 'Come in.'

I opened the door and saw him lying on his bed with his phone in his hands. He is probably texting Jensen.

He is obsessed with her.

"Yo brother, I need some advice," I say as I pull out his desk chair and sit down.

"What's up?" He says, turning his phone off and sitting up.

"I want to do something special for Brynn for our date," I say to him while playing with my fingers

"I don't want to be too cheesy, but I want to make her feel special. What should I do?" I ask him

"Man, she really is doing something to you. I have never seen you act this way because of a girl before," He says with a smile

"I know. I really like her, and that is why I want to go all out on this date should I get her flowers and chocolate? Maybe a limo," I ask him, listing off all the ideas that come to my head

He looks at me and laughs while shaking his head

"Bro, calm down. Whatever you do will be special," he said, calming me down from my racing thoughts.

"Right, Right," I say

We started to go over a plan, and he gave me ideas on what to do on this date.

When we finished talking, I thanked him, nodded, and headed back to my room.

I finally have a plan

This is going to be the best date she has ever been on.

**********************************************
Carter is getting nervous for this date but he has a plan! Let's hope it works out! Thank you so much for reading!

Word count - 985