Chapter 9: Noticeable Improvement

During this extended period of relentless study and rigorous training, the routine became both monotonous and solitary. Tatsuma's days were filled with school attendance, mornings dedicated to exercises, and evenings immersed in additional training sessions where he consistently challenged Minato to push the boundaries of his exceptional talents.

For Tatsuma, whose initial talent limits barely reached 120, hovering just above the threshold of Genin cannon fodder, the emphasis on expanding these limits was paramount. The memories of the Second Great Ninja War, which had concluded just a few years ago, lingered in Tatsuma's mind. He was determined to avoid being embroiled in another conflict, yet he understood the necessity of preparing himself for the possibility of being drawn into the chaos once more.

If a conflict were to emerge, the likelihood of Tatsuma being assigned to a Ninja team was high. Instead of relying on fortuitous breakthroughs in the midst of a crisis, Tatsuma preferred meticulous, gradual preparations beforehand to avert any potential harm.

Consequently, Tatsuma's focus on challenging himself intensified. The individual most impacted by this newfound dedication was Minato Namikaze, his friend driven by an unwavering desire for victory. Practically every day, Tatsuma presented Minato with a series of demanding challenges.

However, as Minato's own latent talent began to surface, Tatsuma found it increasingly challenging to easily suppress Minato. The once lopsided win-loss ratio of ten to zero evolved into a more evenly matched eight to two.

This heightened Tatsuma's sense of crisis, prompting him to elevate the intensity of his training. He not only increased the frequency of matches but also broadened the pool of of challenges, expanding the competition from training and battles to every mundane aspect of life, including something as routine as eating and drinking.

After an unwavering four-month commitment, Tatsuma witnessed substantial growth. His personal panel now reflects:

"Host: Sakamoto Tatsuma

Talents:

Strength: 118/456

Speed: 165/996

Stamina: 159/930

Wisdom: 205/320

Ninjutsu: 61/249

Illusions: 27/194

Spirit: 98/362

Seals: 171/373

Special Talents:

Space-Time: 25%

Ninjutsu Development: 15%"

"Ninja Tool Throwing (Minato Namikaze Limited Edition): 30%"

In terms of physical prowess, Tatsuma has already attained the level of a Genin, a notable achievement for a first-year student. Though influenced by Minato, any potential variance in performance between them is negligible.

However, the progress in Chakra, Ninjutsu, and Genjutsu is comparatively sluggish. Chakra development may be hindered by issues related to physical growth. The body's natural maturation absorbs a substantial amount of bodily energy, leaving limited resources for synthesizing Chakra.

As for Ninjutsu and Genjutsu, Tatsuma, in his initial year, has yet to formally embark on the practice of these arts. Even the fundamental Three Basic Jutsu were only recently introduced, not through formal instruction but rather via a demonstration and a quick explanation from the sensei.

The most consistently advancing aspect is Wisdom. Through diligent listening and thoughtful consideration in daily classes, Tatsuma consistently gains talent points. Engaging in shogi matches with Nara Shikaku in recent days has also contributed to a modest increase in his talent limit.