Chapter 96: Ample Harvest

"Beep~ [Strength+385], [Speed+430], [Stamina+425], [Spirit+395], Would you like to claim?"

Hearing the broadcast in his mind, Tatsuma found it hard to believe. This was the most talent he ever picked up in a single instance. Therefore, he immediately chose to claim them.

However, Tatsuma also knew that the cost of such gains was too high. Both allies and enemies had paid a total of sixty to seventy lives just for this one gain.

After claiming the talents, Tatsuma looked towards Hoshi. Tatsuma didn't rush forward recklessly, knowing that Hoshi, as a Jonin skilled in Puppet Jutsu, would be formidable if he could easily get close.

Despite Hoshi appearing somewhat absent-minded at the moment, Tatsuma was willing to bet that if he had just rushed towards Hoshi, Hoshi would have used the countermeasures he had prepared long ago.

As a descendant of the Second Kazekage Shamon, Hoshi has only brought out three Puppets so far. One was destroyed by Tatsuma using the Rasengan, and another, the Spider Puppets, was damaged by Tatsuma using Explosive Tags.

There's also a humanoid Puppet, which was dismantled by Inuzuka Makoto last time. However, when Hoshi arrived to attack Tatsuma's team just now, he used that humanoid Puppet.

Since the humanoid Puppet has been repaired, Tatsuma will assume that the Spider Puppet has also been restored. Moreover, just because Hoshi has only used three Puppets doesn't mean he only has three.

Furthermore, Shamon's expertise isn't limited to Puppet Jutsu; he also knows Sand Control's Secret Jutsu and the Ninjutsu of Sand Control hasn't been lost. After all, there's still a ninja-like Rasa in the future Hidden Sand Village.

The three signature techniques of the Hidden Sand Village are Puppets, Sand Control, and Wind Release. The Second Kazekage Shamon was one of the pioneers of the first two. Hoshi, as his descendant, has only used Puppets, but that doesn't mean he only knows Puppet Jutsu.

Before Tatsuma became a Ninja, Jiraiya warned him that Ninjas needed to keep some cards hidden. Tatsuma doesn't believe that the Hidden Sand Village would be unaware of this principle.

Hoshi felt a twinge of disappointment when he saw Tatsuma not initiating an attack. He had indeed prepared himself for Tatsuma's assault, but Tatsuma unexpectedly refrained from acting impulsively.

Tatsuma's Nine-Tails Chakra was almost depleted, severely diminishing his strength and endurance. However, at the same time, the negative emotional impact of the Tailed Beast Chakra was also decreasing.

Tatsuma noticed this, and Hoshi also took note, which was why Hoshi didn't leave at that moment.

If Tatsuma had continued in his previous state, perhaps Hoshi would have reconsidered, and most likely would have chosen to leave, which sounds good in theory, but in harsher terms, it would be called fleeing.

Even Hoshi would still face many consequences after fleeing because, as the Squad Captain, he had lost all of his subordinates and had not been able to completely resolve the enemy.

Even though Hoshi is a disciple of the Third Kazekage, he would have to pay a considerable price upon returning, just to quell the grievances in the village, he was willing to endure it for the sake of survival.

But now things were different. Tatsuma's condition had obviously declined, no longer possessing that eerie strength he had just displayed.

This sparked a thought in Hoshi's mind: he could kill Tatsuma! While killing Tatsuma wouldn't bring back his subordinates, it could significantly reduce the punishment he would face.