Chapter 110: Return And Rewards

"Hmph! I really can't figure out whose disciple he is. Learning from Jiraiya, learning from Granny, learning from you, even now learning from Uchiha, but not learning from me!"

In the Land of Fire, by a small river, Tsunade looked at Tatsuma, who was among the Uchiha team, with some resentment in her words. Orochimaru beside him folded up the map and said,

"Tatsuma is a very clear-minded person. He always knows what to learn. If in the future, when he grows up and possesses astonishing physique and chakra levels, he will also come to learn from you. But he may not necessarily have your talent. I suggest you should organize the Water Release and Earth Release techniques that Second-sama left behind as soon as possible. That's what you, as a sensei, should prioritize."

"You dare to teach me how to be a good sensei? My disciples have been on the battlefield, killing enemy Jonin! What about your disciples? They're eleven years old and still in the Academy!"

Tsunade stood with her hands on her hips, speaking with an irrational but assertive demeanor, leaving Orochimaru speechless. He calmly said, "Nawaki is also your brother."

"What does that matter? My disciples are my disciples, regardless!"

Seeing Tsunade in this state, Orochimaru decided not to say anything further. He looked towards Tatsuma, who was consulting with Uchiha Fugaku and others about Fire Release, silently wishing that Tatsuma could free himself from the unfavorable influence brought by his sensei.

After resting for a while, the group set off again. Tatsuma and Minato had pleased expressions on their faces, despite already having notes from Jiraiya and Orochimaru on Fire Release Ninjutsu. However, as the saying goes, there are a thousand Hamlets in the eyes of a thousand people. Different ninjas have different understandings of the same ninjutsu. Just as the Uchiha Clan is renowned for its Fire Release, the Sarutobi Clan also has its unique understanding.

The Uchiha Clan's unique insights into Fire Release greatly helped Tatsuma and Minato. Moreover, Tatsuma didn't just learn some knowledge about Fire Release from the Uchiha; he also learned about the principles and production of Explosive Tags.

This is another classic example of combining Ninjutsu with Sealing Jutsu, where the Ninjutsu is transcribed into a Sealing Jutsu format. After injecting Chakra into the Sealing Jutsu, the technique transforms into Fire Release Ninjutsu, appearing as simple but actually an ingenious invention.

This is the most basic form of Explosive Tag. Later, people made more than one improvement, adding functionalities such as delay or trigger mechanisms to make Explosive Tags more practical in combat.

This knowledge isn't particularly valuable; it's just that Tatsuma hadn't thought about learning it before. His interest in learning stemmed from Orochimaru's inspiration about the combination of Ninjutsu and Sealing Jutsu.

To show his gratitude to the Uchiha, Tatsuma also shared a little creative idea he had about Explosive Tags, which is to add another layer of Sealing Jutsu at the bottom of the Explosive Tag. This layer would seal in some failed forged ninja tools or rusted, discarded ones.

Another layer of Explosive Tag pattern would be drawn on top of this Sealing Jutsu layer. Finally, using a simultaneous triggering technique to activate both layers of patterns, a single Explosive Tag made from a broken fragment would be completed.

The difficulty in implementing this idea lies in simultaneously triggering two segments of Sealing Jutsu patterns. Uchiha Fugaku expressed his intention to go back and research it further.

Tatsuma is eagerly awaiting the research results from Uchiha, and if successful, the objects sealed by the bottom layer Sealing Jutsu could hold great potential.