37. Princess Treatment

Charles and I spent the summer break together with our families. We did have some royal duties to do but we enjoyed the summer to the fullest. I loved being with him on his yacht because it was just the both of us, or with his brothers and Carla. I never imagined life could be so fun. I'm thankful they had showed me this parts of life before the little one is coming. Charles and I haven't got so much time for just the two of us. Getting pregnant with the first time I ever slept with the first boy I loved is crazy. Maybe a bit naive of me nothing would happened. But even tho Charles and I only knew for a couple of months and had a though start with August, I'm more than happy to have him now.

It's the first race weekend after the summer break and we arrived in Zandvoort. I'm glad I could join Charles and be the best fiancée he can have. A blonde girl walks toward us as soon as we arrived in the paddock. She has a big smile on her face and hugs Charles. She looks pretty. Luckily she wears Ferrari clothes. I don't have to fight now. She knows Charles belongs to me. Even tho she ignored me first, she turns to me and curtsy.

Mia: Hi, I'm Mia. I'm Charles PR manager, your highness.

E: Call me Elisabeth. Nice to meet you.

I shake hands with her.

M: There are a lot of questions about your engagement. I would like to go through them with you, Charles. I talked with the PR from the palace before, don't worry.

She looks to me and I nod. We announced the engagement during the summer break. It's the first time back to business for Charles. Sure they have a lot of questions and are excited.

C: Are you gonna be okay?

E: Sure. I'll look for Isa.

Charles smiles and kisses me goodbye. Cameras are flashing. Unlikely other royals, I don't hesitate to show I'm in love as a royal. I'm here as Charles girlfriend not as a princess.

After we say goodbye I walk around the paddock to look for Isa. I found her sitting together with a few other girls. They're all so pretty.

I: Elisabeth!

Isa sees me and jumps up to run to me. She hugs me tight. We say, we are gonna catch up later when it's just us. I'm sure she wants to hear about the baby news. We both sit down.

I: Congratulation to your engagement.

Carmen: Yes! Congrats to you. You need to tell us everything about Charles proposal. The pictures were the cutest.

Isa stops Carmen.

I: Wait, first Elisabeth please meet Kelly, Kelly meet Elisabeth.

K: Hi, I'm Max girlfriend.

E: Oh hi, so you're good again?

K: Does the whole paddock knows about our fight?

Kelly sighs annoyed. I look to Isa and we both try to hide our giggles.

E: Well, let's say he made it pretty obvious.

Kelly rolls her eyes laughing. Then my eyes meet with a young brunette girl. She is sweet and has a lovely smile.

I: Oh yes, and please meet Kika, she's Pierre's girlfriend.

I meet Pierre already and he told me about Kika. So great to see her finally.

Kika: It's an honor to finally meet you.

E: You're so pretty.

Kika: Excuse me? Look at you.

She laughs and I give her a big smile.

Lily: Okay but show us the ring. We need all the details!

She claps excited. I start to tell them about Charles picnic surprise and that he chose the ring in Silverstone. Of course I leave out the fact about the baby and that we don't have a choice. Suddenly Max walks over to us. He walks behind Kelly to hug her from behind.

Max: Oh, the princess is back.

E: You've been on a summer break. Where should I been?

Also Carlos walks over and kisses Isa hello.

Max: True, point to you.

E: I love being here. It's so much fun.

Carlos walks to me and gives me a hug since we haven't seen us yet again.

Carlos: We're also glad you're here. You make Charles very happy.

Max watches me and Carlos and stops us.

Max: You can't just hug Elisabeth. She's still the princess.

Isa giggles and covers her mouth.

E: Well this has to be earned, Max.

In that moment Arthur and Charles are coming over and Arthur runs to me first to hug me tight.

Arthur: Betty, we missed you.

E: You saw me yesterday in the jet.

I laugh and even more when I see Max face.

Max: Okay, wow.

I can't help and laugh with Isa together. Everyone is being confused since they don't know about the last time Max got the princess treatment. Charles asks me, if everything is okay.

E: Max is just begging for a princess hug.

Max: Charles, it's not like it looks like. I'm-

Charles also starts laughing as well as everyone else. He looks to me and gives me a nod to go over to Max. I stand up to give Max a hug.

E: Attention, he's touched by a princess now.

Max blushes as we all keep laughing, even tho I tried to stay serious. I go back to Charles who puts his arm around my waist.

C: Do I get the different princess treatment later in the hotel?

He whispers in my ear. I blush looking around if anyone hears it. Charles smirks. I nod and give him a gently kiss to show him what he awaits later.