Unknown Future

A few weeks had gone by, and the day of the General's celebration has been approaching closer every second. Though nights have passed, Blade's overall well-being has somewhat improved. From your observation, the dark circles from his eyes had gradually faded. Regardless, the rest of his symptoms were the same as you were once familiar with. On the note of his wounds, however, you had chosen to remain unspoken in your concerns towards them. Though from your observation, you did not see Blade in that state ever again.

You were only at your desk, occupying yourself with handling general affairs in the estate. Your father had tasked you with organising the payment of the servants, which you filed out dutifully. It was nothing unfamiliar to you as your hand continued to write with the quilt pen.Your attention remained focused on the bundles of paper work that was right in front of you. Almost each one has its own concerns to deal with as each one requires a different solution to complete. Despite the tedious process in deciding the payment and resource management of the estate, it had provided you a sense of relief in knowing your efforts were being put to use. Although, you could not help but take a few glances on the piece of paper that indicated the current affairs on the Xiaozhuo Luofu. News had been speculating all over on what will be the grand plan to honour the General's special year due to the tradition.

Many have begun to assume that the General will present himself in the most extravagant clothing, just like the honourable Jing Fang. However, the General himself does not often host celebrations.To be exact, it was certain that a celebration five years after being announced as general will take place, and it is a moment that will be bestowed upon history. You were lost in your own thoughts, swarming yourself with scenarios of your hopeful expectations of the event.

"Mistress?" A servant called out.

You turned your head to face her, placing the pen back in its original place. The servant held a tray containing a few cups, and a pitcher that was perfectly crafted with detailed artwork.

"You have not touched your drink yet. Would you like me to take it back? Was it not to your liking?"

"No, no. I would prefer to keep it for now."

The servant nodded out of courtesy as she began to observe the present situation. The amount of paperwork that is being given to your father has been increasing for some reason in regards to handling connections. Of course, you did ask out of concern, but his persistence had not allowed you to do so. Perhaps it was in regards to your potential suitors. After all, whoever you marry shall eventually inherit everything your father had owned as well.

"Has papa chosen a suitor yet?"

"Not yet, mistress. If he did, then he would have personally informed you immediately."

"What is your opinion about it?"

Your servant displayed herself to be reluctant to answer, seemingly not wanting to speak the words that you did not wish to hear. She had only bowed her head out of respect as she held the tray.

"The mistress is at the proper age of marriage. All I wish is for the suitor to be considerate."

She works under your father after all. If she has possibly upset you, then your father would fire her. Of course, the best way to reply is to speak out the same, general acknowledgements.

Nonetheless, you proceeded to dismiss your servant afterwards.

Blade had only remained to the side, remaining caution to the potential danger, despite being in the comfort of your own home.

"Mistress," Blade said, grabbing your attention to him.

"I do not know if you are aware of this, but I must inform you since the celebration is approaching soon."