Chapter six.

University of Connecticut

2:30pm.

The cold breeze hit Kianna as soon as she stepped outside making her hug herself to keep herself warm as she walked to nearest cafe for lunch.

She had just got done with her second and last class of the day which was psychology, that class was interesting and boring in her opinion. The only thing that was boring was the super long presentations and lectures plus a professor that talks super slow, just made her want to sleep.

Her music suddenly stopped, looking at her phone someone was calling her. Mama💕
Sliding the green button, she immediately heard her mom cursing an unknown person out..or knowing her mother she could probably be cursing out an object.

"Oh shit I butt called my daughter..uh hello" Karina, her mom said. Kianna laughed to herself before greeting, "hey mama"

"Hey girl, how you doin'?" She asked, Kianna loved talking to her mom even though she made sure to keep somethings a secret even at her big age her mama would still get on her ass. "I'm doin' good, I just got done with class now I'm finna get something to eat"

"That nasty ass food" she commented, making a face at her daughter's choice. "Surprisingly the food is not that bad here" Kianna said, opening the cafe door and walking in. The smell of food in the air hitting her nose, "mhm not the last time I remembered" Karina mentioning the time she visit on family weekend and the food was horrible.

"That's because you wanted to experiment and try other strangers mac and cheese" Kianna laughed, "i had hope" she sounded disappointed.

"Wrong type of hope mama"

"girl whatever, anyways you heard Desirae getting married?" Her mom questioned, Kianna found an empty booth to sit at claiming the table she set her bag right next to her as she sat.

"Desirae being the first one to get married?That's wild" Kianna said, looking at the menu to see what she was in the mood for. "But no, when did this happen?"

"Apparently they been engaged since October" Kianna stayed quiet to process the new information that was being given to her, she couldn't help but mouth damn not wanting to curse out loud since her mom would say 'language'

"Dang October? So when is they getting married?" Kianna knew at some point Desirae and her boyfriend well now so called fiancé were gonna get married sooner or later, they were what you called high school sweethearts.

Kianna loved that her sister was getting married to the love of her life, even though Kianna was scared to fall in love, she hoped to experience it one day and hopefully call that person a lifetime, but she knew the way people were in this world it was gonna be rare.

"In May" her mom answered, "they was originally gonna get married next year, but Desirae wants to get married now"

"How are they gonna plan a wedding by May and it's almost February?"