Chapter sixteen.

May 17,2001 12:31 Am

May 17,2001
12:31 Am

Karina placed her hand on her stomach as she read the cartoon book in her hand. She made it a routine every night to read to her babygirl even though she was still in her belly, Marcus laid right next to his wife listening to her soft voice reading off the papered book. "Lived happily ever after" she finished, closing the book and placing it on the nightstand.

She felt Marcus hand rubbing her stomach, "I thought you were sleep" she whispered to him. Baby kio was in the middle of them knocked out sleeping and spread out, for a wild sleeper he was a light sleeper so trying not to wake him up was the goal. "I couldn't sleep, I was interested in Tiana's cooking" he said in a low tone, Kamila smiled in response.

Karina and Marcus been together since they were freshman's in high school, both having big dreams and goals they were like a match made in heaven. Getting married straight out of college, having their first child and now expecting their second, living in a very spaced apartment.

They were living the dream.

"Now I want Denny's" Karina turned facing Marcus who was now holding her hand, "babe it's late, we should be getting sleep right now"

"Yes, but we can do that after we get good fluffy pancakes with the best syrup and whipped cream" Karina said, trying her best to convince him which was working. "I'll call my brother, you go ahead and get ready" he told her, Marcus grabbed his phone off his charger.

Karina quietly squealed getting out of bed waddling to their shared closet. Putting on her shoes she could easily put on and take off, she grabbed the car keys.

She went to the bed giving Kio a kiss on the cheek before putting his stuff giraffe by him, before heading to the living room she felt a wave of water coming from her making her freeze in place quickly giving her a mixture of emotions with excitement and a little fear.

"I didn't even get my food yet" she mumbled to herself, "babe I think the baby is coming" she said at a high enough tone for him to hear her.

"What do you mean- shit" he said walking out of the bathroom seeing the water puddle, he immediately ran to the baby bag putting the strap on his shoulder. Having their second child they were prepared, but their daughter coming two days early wasn't the plan.

As the night went on, Marcus little brother Cameron showed up at a good time to watch Kio who was surprisingly still sleep. Driving to the hospital Marcus was freaking out while Karina was worried about her pancakes she never got.

Three hours later

Karina was now in the hospital bed holding her new born baby who stopped crying five minutes ago, Marcus ended up passing out watching the head come out of Karina's vagina so the doctors put him in the chair. "Damn my head hurt" he said rubbing his head looking around the hospital room, he noticed the doctors weren't in the room anymore and it was silent.