vi. too late to say it back

luke, 

charlie knows about you. he saw your pictures on my wall. he didn't tell me "i'm sorry for your loss." like everyone else. 

he just said "he seemed like an awesome guy."

you were more than awesome. you were the best.
you were strong. you were a leader. you were a hero. 

i didn't tell him everything, obviously. he's only a mortal. he wouldn't understand.

i told him that we dated but then broke up due to complications. i told him that you left me, but later came back to me, but then died before i could even tell you that i loved you. 

i didn't tell him that we broke up because you turned to kronos. i didn't tell him that you left me because you were so angry at the gods, you took it out on everyone, including me. 

i didn't tell him that in the end, you stabbed yourself to end the war. that you changed at the last minute for the better. 

i didn't tell him that your last words to me were "i'm sorry, delia, i love you."

i didn't tell him that i was too late to say it back.

i sure as hell didn't tell him that my mother is the goddess of love. he wouldn't believe it, after what i told him about you. 

i can see a future with charlie. but i don't know if i could fully open up to him. 

he won't understand like you did. 

adelia.