CHAPTER 21 - |YOU ARE MINE AND YOU CAN'T ESCAPE NOW|

The night echoed with the chants of mantras, marking the unusual union between Prithvi and Niharika

The night echoed with the chants of mantras, marking the unusual union between Prithvi and Niharika. Despite the unexpected turn of events, Prithvi stood firm in his decision, and the wedding proceeded against all odds.

The priest, undeterred by the murmurs, continued the ceremony, declaring them officially married after the completion of the pheras. Prithvi, holding Niharika in his arms, accepted the newfound status with an air of authority.

Niharika, caught in a haze of consciousness, experienced fleeting moments of awareness amid the rituals. The weight of the Mangalsutra around her neck and the touch of Sindoor on her forehead left an indelible mark on her blurred perception.

Once the priest proclaimed them husband and wife, Prithvi, carrying Niharika, strode out of the ceremonial space. The onlookers, still processing the unconventional turn of events, watched in silence as the newlyweds disappeared into the shadows of the night.

INSIDE THE CAR

Abhi couldn't contain his frustration and confronted Prithvi, "What do you think you will say about her to your family?" He glanced at the unconscious Niharika, awaiting Prithvi's response.

"I don't know, we will see," Prithvi replied, his gaze fixed on the outside world. Abhi, concerned about the consequences, warned him about his family's reaction, especially Dadi Sa.

"Prithvi, you know how your family is, and Dadi Sa won't even let you enter the house, let alone accept her," Abhi cautioned. Prithvi, worn out and frustrated, responded, "I don't know, Abhi. It's done now; we can't change anything, can we? I'm tired; let me sleep."

"You can't just change or sleep at a time like this?" Abhi exclaimed in disbelief. "Prithvi, do you even have a clue what will happen now? How can you sleep in such a situation? My brain can't even function, and you, man, seem unaffected. Just come up with something, an explanation," Abhi demanded, then turned his gaze forward.

"Stop the car, Amar," Prithvi suddenly said, his voice carrying a mix of anger and frustration. Amar, confused, questioned, "What, boss?" Prithvi reiterated, "I said stop the car right now."

"Why the hell have you been making me repeat things these days? Can't you hear it at once?" Prithvi added, his annoyance palpable. Amar, feeling the pressure, responded, "No, boss." Prithvi instructed again, "Stop the car," and Amar brought the car to a halt with the brakes in the middle of nowhere.

Prithvi, visibly frustrated, stepped out of the car and ran his fingers through his hair in a gesture of exasperation. Abhi and Amar exchanged confused glances as they observed Prithvi's restless demeanor. Sensing something was amiss,

Without further explanation, Prithvi knocked on the window. Abhi, irritated, rolled down the window and asked, "What now?" Prithvi, still grappling with frustration, simply said, "Come out," while absentmindedly scratching his forehead.