CHAPTER 31 -|IT'S FRUSTRATES ME!|- PART2

NIHARIKA Pov's:

NIHARIKA Pov's:

What does he think of himself? Why does he behave like that? I have my questions, my complaints, but now I can't tell him. One moment he doesn't even acknowledge me as his companion in a closed room, and the next moment he makes all these promises. How am I supposed to react? Does he think I'm this easy to play? Do I look this naive? Yes, maybe I am, but it doesn't feel right for him to use my vulnerability against me.

"I ju...st sto..p.pped him fro..m smo..k..king?"

And why did I? I should have stopped myself!

What exactly am I made of?

Why do I repeat the same mistakes always? Why does it affect me more when he says I'm nothing? Why do I go numb? It shouldn't mean anything to me.

Whom do I ask all these questions?

The weight of her confusion and frustration bore down on her as she grappled with the complexities of her emotions, longing for answers that seemed elusive.

(There was a gentle knock on the door, interrupting the quiet solitude of the room.)

"Could we come inside?" a voice called out from beyond the door.

"Y-yes," Niharika responded, rising from her place on the bed.

Suhani entered the room, taking a seat beside Niharika. "We wanted to apologize first," she began, her voice sincere.

"How silly we could be. We were gifting you something that was already worn, and it wasn't meant to hurt you. And Vaishali, she simply asked out of curiosity. If her words hurt you, it wasn't her intention to cause any harm. It was our first time meeting you, so we couldn't let you leave empty-handed. We were taught to never let those who bring a smile to our faces leave empty-handed, to show how great or fancy we feel after meeting them for the first time. We're sorry," Suhani explained, her words carrying genuine remorse.

Niharika listened quietly, her mind still in turmoil as she processed the apology. She felt tired, drained from the emotional rollercoaster of the day. But as Suhani finished speaking, her mouth opened, and she shook her head aggressively.

"No, n..o, it's n..not like th..h.at. You mis..u..underst..o..ood me,"

Niharika responded, her voice firm as she met Suhani's gaze. There was a determination in her eyes, a resolve to set things straight and clear any misunderstandings.

"No, we should have thought before giving you... and sorry, but we weren't actually aware of Prithvi's life affair. No one informed us beforehand when we returned, otherwise we would have had something prepared in advance," Suhani admitted, her tone apologetic as she acknowledged their oversight.

Niharika listened intently, her expression softening as she looked at Suhani with a hint of innocence. It was as if a realization had dawned upon her, a moment of clarity amidst the chaos of her thoughts. She realized that she shouldn't have just run away from the scene without a proper reason, understanding now how it might have caused concern for others. In her mind, she had made her own conclusions about the people in this house, feeling invisible and detached, but now she saw the impact of her recklessness.