014. miss america

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

          ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    Civilian: Wye Oak

"I'll be honest with you. Things don't look too good for you." I slowly circle around him, then checking the time on my watch. "I mean, I'm no saint, but I just got this new boss, Matilda Webber, and she's merciless with terrorists like you." I take note of his body language. "You're nervous, and you should be. Because in a few minutes, you're gonna be alone in a room with her, and there's nothing I can do to help."

I turn around and look at my watch. I then hear his struggle stop and I smirk to myself. His faint footsteps begin to echo. I whip back around and grab Bozer by the throat, then slamming him down on the mat.

"Ah!" Bozer chokes on his breath.

"You look like you're trying to say something. You might wanna speak up." I yank him up.

"Uh, I was just, uh...maybe you could teach me this move, too?" He coughs. "Damn."

"You work in the lab, Wilt. I don't think Matty's gonna be too concerned with your field skills."

"Yeah, but you don't not know that she's not gonna not care."

"Was that a quadruple negative?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I don't know. I lost count. Look, I just wanna be ready for anything, like you. Did I at least beat Riley, Evan and McKenna's time?"

"It's not a competition." I shake my head.

"We're going again."

"Wilt."

"Going again. Going again." Bozer sits down and places the bag back over his head.

        •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Morning." Riley greets as I head over.

"Morning." I lean against the wall in between her and Mac.

"You're usually the first one here. Hot date?" Evan questions.

"Yeah, with your mother." I cross my arms. "Very elegant woman." I roll up my hoodie sleeves up to my elbows and he kicks my leg. "I had to head down to D.C." I smack his arm.

"To the...to the White House?" Bozer mumbles.

"Yeah. They needed me for a quick assignment. Matty signed off on it last night."

"Would helping the President with this speech be it?" McKenna shows me the live news stream of the President speaking.

"Yeah, I also ironed his suit and gave him a go-gurt." I retort and the others chuckle. "It was nothing."