025. be seeing you.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

               ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Panic Room: Au/Ra

"Hey." I say into my phone as I walk down the stairs of my house. "Jack told me you were in France looking for your dad and that you hit a dead end. I'm sorry, Mac. But you'll find him, I know it. He loves you more anything in the world. I know he left for a good reason. And I also know he does wanna find his way back to you. But maybe not right now. Even after all these years. I'll see you at work." I hang up and set my phone on the kitchen counter.

"Okay, we're on our way to the park." Riley heads down the stairs with Milo on the shoulders.

"Okay, you two have fun."

"We will."

"Bye, aunt Lina." Milo waves.

"See you later. You remember how much I love you?"

"Infinity times infinity!" He leaves with Riley and I grin as I watch them head down the steps.

My phone then goes off and I turn back. I see Mac's name on the screen before whipping around. Before I can do anything, I'm tased hard in the chest. I grunt and fall to the floor. I blink a few times and I see the figure who tased me is wearing an unsettling mask, along with two other partners.

            •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

I shake my head back and forth as I open my eyes. I look around and realized I'm cuffed to a chair. I then look at the needle in my arm that's connected to some sort of IV.

I look around with a heaving chest and I hear Home on the Range being whistled in the distance. I grit my teeth and pull on the chain against the cuffs that are around my wrist. I then clench my jaw and rage bubbles up in my chest.

"Get out here and face me!" I scream, trying to fight off whatever is in the IV that's going into my system. I then turn as the door opens.

"Hello, Amanda." Murdoc stops in the middle of the steps. "Oh, how I have missed you." He grabs a chair and scrapes the legs against the floor. He reaches his hand out and presses then needle further into my arm, making me clench my jaw. He raises his eyebrows and presses even harder, making me grunt, and I then head butt him.

"That all you got?" I snarl. "Your bitch Miguel put on a better show than this."

"Wow." He laughs. "Look at you!" He grips the edges of my chair. "I see you're finally embracing who you truly are ever since Clarke came out to play a few months back."

"If you have him here-"

"Oh, God, relax. Your little childhood hang up isn't here. I'm saving him for another day. And the others. Don't you worry." He smiles. "You know, setting the dose was tricky. Had to give you enough to slow you down, but not so much that you passed out. See, I need you to do something for me, Amanda. And you know it's not about my son. This favor is going to require some...convincing."