017. we've been disavowed

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  New Americana: Halsey

"Meet Olivia Prior, member of Dutch Parliament, known for championing education reform and fighting government corruption." Matty informs and I cross my arms.

"Ooh, I like her already. Is she in some kind of trouble?" Mac plays with his paperclip.

"No, she's just wants to send us a postcard. To people she doesn't even know exists." I nod and the others chuckle.

"Uh, I'm sorry." He sets down the paperclips and stands up, now beside me.

"You were saying?" Matty questions.

"This woman, is she in trouble?"

"Actually, she may be the one causing the trouble. According to the CIA, Prior has been leaking state secrets to a terrorist group." She looks at me and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Any idea why she's betraying her own country?" Jack wonders.

"No. In fact, the CIA is having trouble verifying their intel, and they won't alert the Algemene Inlichtingen- en Veiligheidsdienst, until they do."

"The hell is that?"

"The intelligence services of the Netherlands."

"Oh, yeah, yeah." He nods and I grin down as Mac snickers.

"Okay, what say we just call them Dutch Intelligence and move on, 'kay?" Matty turns back to the screen and pulls a map up. "The CIA believes that Prior will be meeting with her contact tomorrow, in Amsterdam."

"But since sending agents to observe the meet would technically be spying on a close ally..." Evan trails off.

"We get to do their dirty work." McKenna inquires.

"Bingo." Matty tells her. "You are gonna record the meet and get concrete proof...that Prior is an enemy agent."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up. Record?" Jack says.

"Yeah."

"So no black bag? No interrogation? Just surveillance?"

"Observe and report. Nothing more."

"What's he so excited about?" Bozer speaks up as Jack claps his hands and sits.

"Jack loves surveillance ops. He's got an inflatable butt pillow. It's a whole thing." Mac remarks.

"Hey, this is the closest thing you're ever gonna get to a vacation around here, alright? You park the van, you sit back, you relax, and you watch Riley and McKenna press record." Jack tells him.

"Well, actually, Jack, it's not as simple as just-"

"Okay, Riley, I'm sure there's lots of cool computer stuff, too, okay? My point is, no fistfights, no Lina having to dodge bullets, no running, and no getting shot at. I'm in."