029. a work of art

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

              ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

GOLDWING: Billie Eilish

I stir in my sleep and turn my head. I hit something firm, but soft. I place my hand on the surface and I lowly exhale through my nose. I feel something move from under me and my heart jumps. I now open my eyes and so does Mac.

"Uh-"

"Sorry." I pull away.

"No, no. Uh, it's—it's my fault." Mac pulls his arm down and fixes himself.

"No, it's not. The news gets really boring when the one thing that interests you the most ends off." I lean forward.

"Yeah." He scoffs. "Yeah, it does." He nods and we stare at each other before connecting our lips.

He cups my face and we hit the couch. He kisses me more deeply and I rest my arm on his collar bone. He now cups the back of my head and I remove my arm from his collar bone and wrap it around his neck.

I feel his other hand on my waist and I kiss him harder. I tighten my arm around his neck and our kisses get softer and slower. I place my other hand on his chest and fist his shirt. I now snap out of it and pull away. I check the time on my phone.

"Shit. I have to go." I stand up.

"Where?"

"I gotta go do something really quick."

"Do you need a ride?"

"No, I'm fine. Thank you. I'll see you later." I head out and walk down the steps, then shakily exhaling.

                        •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Sorry I'm late." I head over.

"I didn't wanna disturb you two." Riley heads over.

"We saved the Ecuadorian President from dying. It was a long day. He came to check on me and we fell asleep."

"Yes, you did." She grins.

"Okay, did you set up the camera?"

"Yeah. But, Lina, you don't have to-"

"I'll be close." I nod and turn. I make my way behind a tree from afar and shove in my earpiece.

"Hey, kiddo." Elwood comes through as I see him walk over.

"Hi, Elwood." Riley replies, turning her head.

"Guess I gotta work my way back to dad, huh?"

"Let's see how it goes."

"A lot warmer than I expected, huh?" He sits across from her. "You know? This, uh, this time of year."