Chapter. 15

They kept this cell cold, unusually cold like a freezer. This atmosphere slowly breaks the motivation or any intention to raise against the authorities. It a new form of torture or practice, but Jacob never heard about it from any one in person or on arcane. If only Zoey was here she would come for him. He knows that no matter if she was upset or not talked to him after that argument; but she will somehow pull him out of this situation.

"It was the best job that anyone could have these days," said Remesh and breaks the silence among all three of them, "I thought that all that hardship I faced my daughter will live a happy life in the new world."

"There was no new world, never will be until Rosharps exists," said Jacob, "before the war they were hiding behind the mask of government and now they are the government."

"_AN EVIL_ that divided all the humans in categories and put in-charge men over men; they decide who will live and how they will live," said Mira, "You still haven't seen the real evil yet." She was sitting near the bars so that she could see Remesh and Jacob.

All her live she have seen them how the treat people in the sector like animals; day or night they all work like machine, and in the name of payment and get medicine, food and water. Who would these fools understand what it's like to be under that scorching heat, how to wait days for medical treatment. It is much easier here inside all these air conditioned buildings; she thought by looking at them.

"So how's the thing work around here?" Mira asked from Remesh,"I never thought that my wish will come true like that." She wanted a better future for all of her kids, she thought if she somehow put them in school they might get a chance to work in command quarters; she just wanted to hear from the man who spent most of his new professional life here.

"Mostly work and deadlines, " he replied, "twelve hour daily inside the lab, and then we were escorted to our rooms without going anywhere else; they always told us that we are assets to our life matter for the survivability of the world. They let us meet our family at the end of the month. We spend forty eight hours with them and that was the best time of the month."

"It sound more like a prison without chains," said Jacob, and look at the bar, "expect your room might have proper doors and good quality free food and drink." Sending her kids to the quarter may be a wrong option just because they can have food and shelter, but what about the freedom to go out and breathe in the free air? If that is the definition of best life and Mira thought that she would keep them in the sector.

"The food was good. I am not sure about drinks; I preferred to stay sober," Remesh replied and smiled.

"What about the guards? Do they always like this?" asked Jacob.

"No, they were friendly, they never treated us like until Mr. Clifford was in-charge of this place," said Remesh. "Then these German's took over this facility and everything changed."

Clifford that name rings the bell, Jacob personally knows him, and he is the father of Zoey. No doubt he was a good man or the best diplomat that Rosharps ever produced. But in a situation like this he might help him. Now he was gone and Zoey along with him. Jacob thought that Remesh must know something about Clifford, "Where is he now?" Jacob asked, "Mr. Clifford where is he now?"

"To be honest I don't know but my friend in the lab told me that Rosharps has bunkers, underground large bunkers where they transferred their high level Officers for security purposes," said Remesh.

"Great bunkers, " said Mira hysterically, "why do they have bunkers? They are expecting another thermo war?"

"Nope for something far more dangerous," said Jacob, "the people, they were exploiting over for so long." Jacob knew that one day people will stand up against Rosharps, when they wake up from the dream of the new future that they were keep selling. Rosharps already farsighted that future long ago that's why they created these bunkers. Arcane has dozens of events reported like that, where officials disappear and UPE takes over. Then same people with different profiles redeployed somewhere in the other command quarter.