Chapter. 17

They all stepped into the big hall, where most of the cubical where empty, it was hard to see inside there was no window around, the place was like a grave, dark and all walls around. Kaden's men begin to check the surroundings;

"Take two of my men with you," said Kaden and step closer to jack. Jack was totally comfortable with the dark he turned off the flash light on his gun.

"Nah, I know the drill," said Jack, "search and rescue is my thing, and you go for the data we meet at the gates." Jack was looking into Kaden's eye they both know that this could be one way mission but they both were trying to hide that same fear they were fight inside their heads.

"This is it than see you at the gates," said Kaden and signal his men to follow him. Kaden's lieutenant hand over two grenades to jack, "you might need those," he said and nodded like he meant it. Jack took those without saying a word, and clip them on his chest belt of the waist.

Kaden took the west stairs and jack moves towards the north, there was a stair case he began to run keeping his gun upright and ready to take the shot, moving forward check and clearing every corner on his way. He reach the floor above the hall it was also empty. Without wasting any time he step on the next stairs case to go up; half way on the stairs he heard something. It was sound his whispers. He took light step further upwards, the sound became clear, and someone upstairs try to reach for help on the radio.

"RICKO niner, this is twenty six, I need back up down here, I repeat, I need backup at assembly floor," he was keep whispering that on the radio.

Only white noise and distortion came in reply every time he releases the button. Jack leaned forward to the grill of the stairs to check this man's position. He can't see anything around the floor; his gaze move down at the floor level where he catch two military boots behind the table. The Man was hiding like he was trapped. Jack inspect further, he saw some more feet, but without shoes, there were two more men but far from that soldier's position. They must those thing, and he was hiding from them.

Jack begin to crawl slowly, because once he reach the soldier he can ask him for his brother; those thing were growling like they can hear his movement but they can't get the direction of the sound. Jack reached the closest cubical wall where that man was hiding. He can here jack feet behind the cardboard wall.

One of the monster begin to walk in the midway of cubical, it was snoring, and sniffing like he get the scents of the jack.it pushed walls to break them and making any possible way to walk over.

Jack raise his head to check it movement, it was a male in his thirties, wearing b11 sector field worker uniform. He must be took in by same sensitization squad, but what were they doing there, Jack thought. The monster was keep getting closer and soon it will find the soldier. Jack know that he was unarmed that why he was hiding, Jack decided to that that monster out before he reaches the soldier. If he lives he can tell him where his brother is.

Jack exhale three quick breaths and stands up, the monster was right in front of him couple feet away, he took the shot, one on the chest, the next one goes straight from the neck but it was keep coming toward jack.

"Shot in the head," the soldier yelled.

Jack took the aim and pulled the trigger, an straight shot right on the forehead blowing its brain out. The monster dropped on the floor. The soldier stands up, his hand were raised above his head, and Jack turned his gun towards him.

"I am unarmed, I am unarmed don't shot," the soldier said. He was just a boy in his twenties. Jack took a step closer to him.

"Where are the prisoners?" asked Jack.