Chapter 8

There will be 2 parts in this chapter: her first word and first steps

Part 1
One sunny afternoon, the Russo household echoed with laughter and playful banter. The brothers, uncles, and cousins were engrossed in a lively debate over the perfect toppings for the pizza they were about to devour. Little Emily, comfortably nestled in Lorenzo's arms, observed the commotion with wide, curious eyes.

(I know such a random topic. I think pineapple on pizza is okay, but I would eat it once every 7 months. Like its okay to eat it but I personally don't like it.)

Francesco, savoring a moment of tranquility amidst the cheerful chaos, decided to seize the opportunity to bond with his youngest daughter. He began softly talking to her, expressing his love in hushed tones. The conversation was one-sided, as Emily could only coo and babble in response.

Emily, at the age of nine months, was sitting in her father's lap. She had always been an observant and curious baby, often mimicking the sounds she heard around her. On this particular day, she was captivated by the sounds of her father's voice. As he playfully said, "Dadda," Emily's eyes widened, and a smile spread across her face.

As the family continued their pizza party, Francesco playfully repeated the word "dadda" while pointing to himself, hoping for a response. To everyone's surprise and joy, Emily's eyes lit up, and with an adorable gurgle, she uttered her first word - "dadda."

Excitement filled the room as everyone witnessed Emily's first word. Her father, overwhelmed with joy, couldn't help but scoop her up in his arms and shower her with kisses. The uncles and cousins, who were present, joined in the celebration. They clapped and cheered, praising Emily's milestone.

Isabella, with her keen eye for capturing precious moments, couldn't resist the heartwarming scene unfolding before her. She fumbled for her phone, tapping the camera app, and aimed it at the jubilant gathering of Russo men. The room echoed with laughter, cheers, and the sweet sound of Emily's gurgles.

As Francesco held Emily, her tiny face beaming with joy, Isabella hit the record button, ensuring she captured the enchanting moment of their daughter's first word. The atmosphere was electric, filled with love and the unspoken connection that bound the Russo family together.

Francesco, lost in the joy of the moment, proudly held Emily up, as if presenting her to the world. The uncles and cousins gathered around, eagerly trying to coax another round of "dadda" from the adorable baby. Each attempt was met with laughter, encouragement, and an occasional babble that only intensified the jubilation.

As the minutes passed, the celebration reached its peak. Francesco, still cradling Emily, looked directly into the camera, a proud smile etched on his face. "Did you get that, Isabella?" he called out, knowing she was the family's designated archivist.

Isabella playfully responded, "Oh, I got it all right. Emily's first word, the brotherly competition, and, of course, your proud dad moment. It's all here!"

 Luca started throwing her in the air, causing little Emily's laughs to ripple through the room like sweet, infectious music. Each time he lifted her, her laughter echoed, filling the air with the purest of sounds. Luca, reveling in the joy he brought to his baby sister, continued the playful game of lifting her high and catching her in a cascade of giggles.

"Up we go, little princess!" Luca announced, tossing Emily gently into the air, careful to catch her with the precision of a seasoned performer. The room erupted in a chorus of laughter and cheers as Emily's tiny hands reached for the sky, her laughter becoming the melody to which the Russo family danced.