Chapter 13

It was a typical morning in the Russo household, with the family bustling about their daily routines. Francesco, the steadfast father figure, was engrossed in his work, while Isabella, the nurturing heart of the family, prepared breakfast with care.

Downstairs in the kitchen, the siblings were gathered around the table, exchanging stories and laughter as they anticipated the day ahead. Matteo, the responsible eldest brother, was flipping pancakes with precision, while Leo, the irrepressible jokester, entertained everyone with his witty remarks.

Downstairs in the kitchen, the siblings gathered around the table, their voices blending in a symphony of joy and camaraderie. Matteo, the responsible eldest, expertly flipped pancakes, while Leo, the irrepressible jokester, regaled everyone with his latest antics.

As they bantered and joked, Isabella had an idea to spice up their breakfast.

Isabella: "How about some homemade granola bars? I found a new recipe we could try." (idk why i chose granola bars

The suggestion was met with eager enthusiasm from the siblings, who readily agreed to the impromptu culinary adventure.

With ingredients gathered and aprons donned, they set to work, each sibling taking on a role in the cooking process. Leo, with his penchant for mischief, couldn't resist sneaking a handful of nuts from the pantry, adding them to the mixture for an extra crunch.

Unbeknownst to anyone, the nuts Leo added included pistachios, almonds, and peanuts—ingredients that posed a serious threat to Emily, who had severe allergies.

As they baked the granola bars in the oven, the kitchen filled with the tantalizing scent of toasted oats and honey. The siblings eagerly anticipated tasting their creation, oblivious to the danger lurking within.

Once the granola bars were ready, they eagerly dug in, savoring the crunchy texture and sweet flavor. (Except Lorenzo because he is allergic, so he got one without nuts). Leo, in particular, couldn't resist indulging in multiple bars, relishing the nutty goodness with gusto.

Leo: "These are amazing! I can't stop eating them."

Matteo: "Careful, Leo, don't eat them all at once."

But as the morning wore on, subtle changes began to unfold. Emily, usually full of energy and laughter, seemed to grow increasingly subdued.

First Hour:

Emily's cheeks flushed slightly, and she became fidgety, rubbing at her eyes with tiny fists. Isabella, noticing Emily's discomfort, grew concerned.

Isabella: "Emily, sweetie, are you feeling alright?"

Emily blinked up at her mother, her expression uncertain.

Emily: *stay quiet and gives no reaction*

Isabella's heart sank at her daughter's words. She scooped Emily into her arms, feeling the warmth radiating from her flushed cheeks.

Second Hour:

As time passed, Emily's symptoms worsened. She grew visibly uncomfortable, her skin flushed and her breathing labored. Francesco, noticing the change, grew worried.

Francesco: "Is everything okay, Isabella?"

Isabella: "I'm not sure. Emily seems to be getting worse. We may need to take her to the hospital."

Last Hour:

As the hour passed, Emily's condition deteriorated further. She began to develop hives on her skin, and her breathing became shallow. Lorenzo, who suffered from allergies himself, recognized the signs of an allergic reaction.

Lorenzo: "Wait a minute. I think Emily might be having an allergic reaction."

Isabella's heart raced as she realized the severity of the situation. Without hesitation, she scooped Emily into her arms and rushed to the car, the rest of the family following closely behind.

With a sense of urgency, they sped to the hospital, praying for Emily's well-being and hoping for answers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I KNOW I KNOW THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER!!! I cant believe we reached 4k reads 

Next chapter will be longer and the continuation of this chapter. This was made in a rush so sorry in advance.

ITS MY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYY 🎉 

happy birthday to anyone's bd that is in may!!- D