Chapter 11

Today was a REALLY special day for all the Russo family, it was their princess's 1st birthday

The entire household buzzed with energy, bustling with activity from every corner. the house looked like a construction place!

In the kitchen, Nonna Maria was busy overseeing the preparation of the birthday feast. Her skilled hands moved with precision as she seasoned sauces and stirred pots, ensuring that every dish would be a culinary delight. "Giovanni, make sure to taste the sauce before adding any more salt," she instructed her husband, who nodded eagerly, eager to lend a hand in the culinary creations.

Meanwhile, Nonno Giovanni was in charge of setting up the outdoor area for the party. With a roll of streamers in one hand and a hammer in the other, he meticulously decorated the backyard, ensuring that every corner was adorned with colorful decorations. "Francesco, we need more balloons over here!" he called out to his son, who was busy coordinating the arrival of the bouncy castle.

Francesco, on the other hand, was on the phone, his voice filled with urgency as he spoke coldly  to the party planners. "I don't care what it takes, I want a cake with five tiers, decorated with all of Emily's favorite TV characters, and it better be chocolate flavored!" he barked into the phone, his brow furrowed in determination.

In the living room, Isabella was overseeing the setup of the gift table. With a keen eye for aesthetics, she arranged the presents in an eye-catching display, ensuring that each gift was wrapped to perfection. "Giulia, can you please hand me the ribbon?" she called out to her sister-in-law, who was busy arranging the seating chart for the party.

Giulia nodded and handed her the ribbon, her attention momentarily diverted by the arrival of the caterers. "Anya, Natalia, can you please show the caterers where to set up the food stations?" she asked, gesturing towards the kitchen where the aroma of delicious food wafted through the air.

Anya and Natalia nodded in unison and hurried off to assist the caterers, their laughter filling the air as they chatted animatedly. "I can't believe Emily is already turning one," Natalia exclaimed, her eyes shining with excitement. "It feels like just yesterday we were celebrating her arrival."

Aurora, the youngest of the aunts, was busy setting up the photo booth in the backyard. With a collection of props and costumes in hand, she arranged them on a table, ready for guests to take silly photos throughout the party. "This is going to be so much fun!" she exclaimed, her face lighting up with enthusiasm.

Meanwhile, in the backyard, the uncles were busy setting up the games and activities for the party. Mikhail and Fabio were assembling the bouncy castle, their laughter echoing as they joked and teased each other while inflating the massive structure.

Antonio and Roberto were setting up the games area, arranging bean bag toss and ring toss games for the guests to enjoy. "I bet I can beat you at ring toss," Antonio challenged his brother, a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

As the preparations continued, the cousins joined in the excitement, eagerly helping with tasks and running errands as needed. Ivan and Nickolai were in charge of greeting the guests at the entrance, their infectious smiles welcoming everyone with warmth and hospitality.

Vincenzo and Dimitri were busy hanging up fairy lights and lanterns, their hands working quickly to create a magical ambiance for the evening festivities. "I can't wait to see Emily's face when she sees all the lights," Vincenzo remarked, a smile tugging at his lips.

Ethan and Noah were in the backyard, setting up the DJ booth and sound system for the party. With a playlist of upbeat songs ready to go, they tested the speakers, ensuring that the music would be just right for the celebration.