𝕮⃟Hapter 45

»𝐶⃪45«
: THE TURMOIL AT THE BANQUET (PART 4)

• • •
Ao Yu didn't know the meaning of social anxiety, but his intuition told him it wasn't a flattering remark.

He grasped the wrist resting on his shoulder and stood up beside the couch. "You've become bolder lately, getting more and more arrogant."

Yun Zhao exhaled a breath of hot air. He had just been interrupted by Ao Yu, and now that restlessness was surging through his body again.

His gaze fell on the large hand holding his wrist, with distinct knuckles and slender fingers. The ice-cold touch was like cold jade immersed in a frigid pool, perfectly dissolving his discomfort.

Unable to resist, Yun Zhao buried himself in Ao Yu's embrace and deeply inhaled the faint cold fragrance on Ao Yu's body.

Startled by the sudden closeness of the young man, Ao Yu was taken aback. He watched as Yun Zhao rubbed against his robe like a young kitten, and his ears gradually turned a faint red.

Ao Yu's eyes evaded and flickered, and he whispered softly while looking at the candle standing by the couch, "I don't know if you learned it from Luo Xue and the others or if they learned it from you..."

"What?" Yun Zhao was enjoying the comfortable rubbing and raised his eyes to ask, "What did you say?"

In the young man's eyes, there was a shimmer of moisture, and the corners of his eyes turned slightly pink from the delicate gold threads rubbing against his robe, like rouge dissolving in water, spreading across his cheeks.

Ao Yu, as if possessed, gently cradled his face and brushed his thumb lightly across the corner of his eye, wiping away the tears that had welled up.

"Why are you so drunk?" Ao Yu reached out and pulled him even closer in his arms.

Leaning over to whisper in the young man's ear, he rhythmically patted his back with his hand, soothing him like a child who relied on him completely.

At this moment, suddenly hearing the young man's breath become rapid and feeling his restlessness and the extremely faint sound coming from his embrace.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling unwell?" Ao Yu frowned slightly. Just as he was about to move, his thigh inadvertently touched something, freezing him in place on the couch.

Yun Zhao was about to be overwhelmed by embarrassment and frustration, but the uncontrollable sensations made him extremely uncomfortable.

He immediately moved away, intending to say something to divert his attention and dissipate the damn awkward atmosphere around them.

Unexpectedly, as soon as he made up his mind to get up, his wrist was suddenly held tightly, and the force pulled him back into Ao Yu's embrace.

Ao Yu grabbed the soft blanket from the couch and covered their legs, one hand embracing the young man who was nearly steamed, and the other hand slipped under the blanket.

His eyelashes trembled lightly, but he whispered softly, "Don't be afraid."

"Mmm!" As soon as Yun Zhao's body was touched by the icy fingers, he stiffened all over and tightly clenched the blanket. The alternating sensations of cold and heat made him involuntarily arch his back, burying himself in the neck of the little dragon, whimpering like a spoiled kitten.

He didn't know what had suddenly come over him. All he could do was tilt his head and exhale a breath of hot air. The tightly stretched string in his mind snapped completely, like stepping into emptiness from a suspended iron cable in the mountains, plunging into a chaotic mist.