𝕮⃟Hapter 68

⟣•68•⟢
: SPORTS MEET - PART II

• • •
Exhausted, the little ferret had no energy left to continue and chose to slack off in place. Ao Yu glanced back at the slow-moving little phoenix and, uninterested, shifted his gaze forward.

Xuanming's claw stepped over a half-human-height dry tree, leaving several long claw marks on the tough bark. The bronze gong placed at the top of the hill came into view.

Almost there, almost...

The black panther displayed agile movements, leaping gracefully through the air. Suddenly, two bursts of spiritual energy attacked, forcing Xuanming to veer off course and miss the landing spot.

"You go ahead!"

Xuanming looked up and saw Wu Mu swiftly raising its tail, taking the opportunity to rush ahead.

"Roar!"

Xuanming spewed out a few strands of flames from its mouth. If Wu Mu hadn't dodged its tail quickly, it would have been burned to ashes.

Sun Yang attempted to bypass them and move forward but was blocked by two shadows. At that moment, the three divine beasts began to fight less than fifty meters away from the bronze gong.

"Damn it, Sun Yang, you bit my tail!"

"Don't act so innocently. There are still pieces of my fur on your claws!"

"Roar!"

Yun Zhao stared at the intense battle of the first group, dumbfounded. "How... did it turn into a fight?"

Ao Yu nonchalantly responded, "The rules only state that the one who strikes the gong first wins. It's not considered a violation."

Si Wuchen nodded in agreement and spoke to Xuanming hidden in the forest, "Resolve it quickly. It has been dragging on for too long."

Xuanming, whose ear had been bitten by Wu Mu, winced in pain, jumped back, and rubbed it while grimacing. Then it bared its teeth at Si Wuchen's direction and continued to pounce forward.

The attention of everyone was instantly drawn to the lively brawl of the three divine beasts.

Meanwhile, unnoticed in a corner, the little phoenix trotted past them.

Lei Huang looked at the countless flying furballs of cats and dogs, shaking his head disapprovingly, and held back his magnificent tail feathers as he continued onward.

By the time Wu Mu and the others realized it, Le Huang had already lifted himself up and lightly pecked the bronze gong.

"Dang—"

The crisp sound of the gong marked the end of the race, and Bai Ze announced loudly, "Le Huang wins!"

Wu Mu retracted its claws and locked eyes with Sun Yang and Xuanming beside it, all directing their gaze towards the little Phoenix at the top of the hill.

Damn opportunistic king!

Le Huang puffed up its small chest, looking proud. Elegance never goes out of style!

The rabbits led the participating divine beasts out of the forest, and Ao Yu restored the empty space to its original state.

Yun Zhao, fearing that Ao Yu would create another miraculous event, went down and brought back cushions and bamboo pole stands with the rabbits.

Seeing the immortals on the platform peering curiously, he cleared his throat and said, "The next event is high jump. Pass if you can jump over the bamboo pole behind me without knocking it down. The height will increase each round."