2√

This is a fucking novel. Irithel is a fictional character, everything is just imagination. But everything seems too real.

Maybe, this time everything is true or maybe it has been true for a long time and someone only knows this world from Earth. The question is if everything I saw in Irithel's future happened? Is that just a dream or am I the one left behind by time?

I'm not sure about it, and the only thing that matters to me right now is to change my life.

It's raining HEAVY and it looks like it's going to flood. I'm sheltered in the small house that Clint built himself, we live here and because of its smallness I'm the only one sleeping inside and Clint is sleeping outside everynight. around are high-rise houses, no matter what the weather, this place is quiet because there are only a few people and cars passing by.

It's noon and Clint isn't here. the roof is not strong so with the force of the rain half of me gets wet. I remembered Clint, how are him? He left to work for our foods, picking up plastics or anything that could be sold.

Yeah, he's no different from a beggar and I can't do anything to help him. He doesn't take me with him because he says I'll only be in trouble, he only takes me with him when he wants to take me for a walk.

it's been a week since I got here.

"Iri!"

I heard Clint's voice, it was weak because of the rain. I raised my head and saw his figure running towards me. He was wet and carrying a cellophane, even though its contents were wrapped, i knew what it was.

When he saw me, he sighed in relief. His eyes were red and I could tell he was crying. He knelt down in front of me so that we were equal, I could see that he wanted to hug me and was holding himself back.

"Why did you leave your Grandma Dei's house? I went to see you but she said you left without saying goodbye?"

Lola Dei is our old neighbor who he trusts in me.

"I'm sorry!"

I said sincerely. I didn't think he would worry like this, to the point of crying. I didn't wait for his response, I stood up and took towel and handtowel. I turned to him and handed it to him and when he didn't move, I put the towel on his body and then wiped his head.

He was surprised by what I did and I think he's going to cry in no time. He noticed that my clothes were wet, he cursed lowly so that I wouldn't hear. But just looking at his lips I can tell what he said. He stood up and got some dry towel and clothes for me.

He took off my wet clothes and changed them.

"Does something hurt you? Do you have a cold?"

He asked worriedly. I just shook my head in response.

"I should bring you to the clinic tomorrow for a check-up."

"I'm fine Papa. But you?"

"I'm ok princess don't mind me."

He took the cellophane he was carrying, inside was food and an expensive doll.

"Papa bought the doll you want."

My heart sank. This man.....he always thinks about his daughter, he doesn't live for himself anymore.

"You didn't like it?"

His voice weakened and became sad.

"Not like that, Papa, but....promise me that you won't buy something like this again. Don't buy my toy that you worked so hard for, it won't help us. Papa, you don't have to work hard for me, I'll be happier if you think about yourself first."

His eyes watered, he gently pulled me and hugged.

"I'm glad you understand our situation, Iri. But no matter what happens, you are and you will always be my priority, you are the most important to me."

I smiled and hugged him back.

"I brought you your lunch."

He gave me the lunch box. This is enough just for me. I sighed. I stood up and put it on the small table, I prepared the food I asked from our neighbor's house for him. Because he is always hungry, I don't know if he is still eating while he feeds me three times a day.

He doesn't want to eat the food he bought for me. To ensure his condition, I just asked for food from the neighbors, I used Iri's cuteness that our neighbors didn't refuse.

They even said that even if I go every day to ask for food. They are the ones offering me maybe out of pity. I can see that they want to adopt me but they don't voice it out because they know Clint won't give me up.

"Come on Papa!"

I called him. He smiled and came to me.

"My princess is such a kind and smart kid."