4√

The man did not die because someone saw him immediately.  but I had to go back and scare him so he won't talk.  No one will believe him when he talks, but Clint might get into trouble, and I don't want that to happen.

Two years passed, nothing like that happened again which I am thankful for.

"What are we doing here Papa?"  I asked Clint.  He held my right hand while walking to a big mansion.

"Iri will live here now."  He answered with a smile.

Behind those smiles is sadness.  I have been noticing his lethargy for a few days now.  I'm getting suspicious, sometimes I ask him but he doesn't give me the right answer and I don't want to force him either.

The first time I saw the mansion in front of us, i knew what he was planning.  I should have expected it to happen because I knew Iri's future, but I thought that this thing wouldn't happen because our lives are better now.  I thought Clint would change his mind, but I was wrong.

"Clint!"

I looked ahead when someone called Clint.  I was greeted by a beautiful woman and a handsome man.  They are in their 27-30s. There is no doubt that they are the owners of this mansion.

Mrs. and Mr.  Von Silva.  The couple who will adopt me.

"Sire, Madam, this is my daughter Irithel."  Clint said

The couple was smiling especially Mrs.  Von Silva.  I can see joy and happiness in their eyes.  It seems that they have already discussed about this.  Clint knelt in front of me.

"They will be your parents, Princess. They are kind So be a good girl. Don't give them a headache"

I nodded at him obediently.

"Good girl!"  He kissed my forehead.

He escorted me to the Von Silva couple.  The lady greeted me with a hug.  The couple thanked Clint and offered him to stay first but Clint refused.

I looked at him as he slowly walked away.  Even from a distance, her tears did not escape my sight.

I don't want this to happen but I have to follow the destiny.  I realized that I could never escape the fact that this was a fucking novel.  If I don't obey Clint will die.

That's how the destiny of this world plays out.  Even if I want to escape the novel I can't, this time he/she has won.

"This is your new room baby, you like it?"  The lady asked as the door to a room opened.

It's a big, beautiful, stylish, baby theme.  But someone like me who is used to seeing beautiful things is no longer amazed.

I nodded at the lady with a small smile.

"Can I sleep?"  I asked

She giggled and pinched my cheek.

"So cute~" she said and I think she is blushing.

"Of course you can claim your bed but before that, you have to eat first and I want you to meet my son."

He is referring to Zhask, yes the male lead.  Zhask is my stepbrother, yet the real Iri is in love with him.

I shook my head at the lady.  "My Papa has already fed me. And I'm super sleepy."

"Ohh~ your Papa is really a good father. Okay then!"

I nodded and went to bed.  Lie down and hug the pillow.  Today is really a bad day.