F I V E - SOMEONE ELSE

Coco Jones - Double back

______________________

I had nothing in mind that could help me build a wall around my heart to block my feelings for Jase because if not, I knew I was gonna screw up.

I know myself.

Fortunately, a few days before Christmas a knight in a shining amour came to the rescue. I was familiar with the guy, we learnt at the same school. He was good looking of course. Hot, I thought. And only a year older than me, which isn't something I am quite used to but I didn't put that at thought that moment. Either way, I came up with a brilliant plan. My intentions weren't to hurt anyone at all but I knew I had to do something about the Jase issue. In order to get rid of my feelings for Jase, I started dating the so called knight, Brent. His name was Brent Stone.

Again, I wasn't intending to hurt anyone and the good thing is that I didn't, but my intention with Brent wasn't to fall in love with him. I only wanted to be with him so I could put my feelings for Jase aside. And to my surprise it worked, but not in the way I had planned. It only worked because I had fallen in love with Brent. HARD.

I literally have serious attachment issues don't you think.

And that's a huge problem because I fall in love so easily.

Instead of forgetting about what I had with Jase, I totally forgot ABOUT Jase. And I blame Brent for everything. There was something unique about him. Something that made me more and more attracted to him by the day, but I couldn't quite put a finger on what exactly it was. All I knew was that it was something I hadn't experienced in my past relationships. Toxic love.

My relationship with Brent wasn't even bad at all and for the first time I got to be with someone who promised me milk and honey and actually gave me milk and honey in return. We became inseparable in a short span of time and I swear I felt lost without him. I was only sixteen and fooling myself that I had finally found my soulmate.

Don't judge me, I was in love.

(JANUARY 2021)

I stepped into the new-year with my new boyfriend as my new-years kiss and nothing had changed from the word go. Butterflies everywhere.

Weeks passed and I was still blindly in love with Brent. I was so in love with him that I never noticed the red flags. My friends even warned me how much of a bad influence Brent was to me, telling me how he was just there to use me, but I didn't pay attention to anyone. Brent loves me, hell never do that. I knew my man and my Brent would never hurt me.

Well that's what I thought.

Unfortunately.

But boy who was I lying to. Turned out my friends were right, and Brent broke my heart. He was only using me to get back to his ex, Tia Morris. I didn't believe it at first until he made the breakup official. No words, just actions. Everything seemed too good to be true until I found him making out with her right in front of her doorstep. That was the day I realized Tia was my neighbor. Something I hadn't noticed my whole life. Ouch!

Classic Amina.

Just to let you know I didn't take the whole breakup lightly. I cut off everyone completely because I was so embarrassed. I was embarrassed because I knew everyone knew, and everyone included Jase. Overthinking about the mess I had put myself into made me realize how much I had missed Jase and that made everything worse. If only we were still close he would've been here with me, sitting on the edge of my bed, caressing my hair, with me laying my head on his laps. There isn't anyone in the world who makes me feel safe the way he does.

I need him

I need him.

My dad always told me, Never have second thoughts about anything, and the thought of that lightened up my mood a little bit. I got up from bed confidently taking my phone with me and stood in right in front of the dressing table, staring at my reflection. Call him, I ordered myself. I'm not letting you watch him slip right out of your palms like that, I warned myself again.

______________________

A/N:

Lovies!

My apologies for making thing chapter too short again. I've been packed with work real bad, I barely have enough me time and time to update you guys.

Right now I just really need your support. So please don't forget to vote, comment and share. Let me know what you think about Brent in the comments. Do you think he was really into Amy or what? - Keep me posted

Stay perfect.

And remember to always be safe.

Love...

TT