Karte 5: Her Weak Side

1 

P.A. class arrived and we all gathered in the gym for a basketball practice. 

The teacher gathers everyone. "Okay, listen up! We'll be playing basketball, starting today. You'll be splitting up into teams of five to practice. It's a must you all practice your physical skills for what's to come."

One student raises his hand. "What do you mean sensei?"

"Yeah, why basketball?" Another one asked.

"You'll see it later." 

...

2

"Hey, stop! Hey, Yamada." 

The girls formed a group and started practicing, nothing really upstanding.

"Why? I'm just practicing my shooting skills!" Yamada replies.

Kobayashi sighs. "Stop flailing around."

I simply observe her from a distance.

She's being warned as if she were a grade school boy.

"Yamada, stay under the hoop and play defense."

"Okay."

Most of my classmates didn't seem enthusiastic about the sudden need to play sports. Neither did I. 

There were exceptions of course. 

From the Yamada group, all of them were ready to go except for Sekine, which was understandable given her nature. 

"Are you girls ready?" Her shorty friend declared. 

"Oh!" Yamada said excitedly.

"Oh..." The other two didn't.

On the other hand...

"Let's do this." Sudo was the most enthusiastic and probably more athletic of all of us, as a result, most felt intimidated by his presence to even play with him.

I didn't want to play against or with him for obvious reasons, so I sat next to Kyotarou, who was thinking by himself on one of the corners of the court. 

"What are you thinking Kyotarou?" I slowly approached him. 

He looks up. " Ah no nothing." He hugs his knees.

"You seem worried about something." 

"....I've been thinking about a lot of things lately."

"I see." I turn to look at the court. "So do I."

"You too?"

"Yeah."

Not much really aside from the Kushida thing,  but there's still the thing about the call I received the other day.