Karte 6: Change

1

1

On my way to school, I notice how most if not all of the students taking the same route turn to look at me and whisper among their groups.

Kyotarou left earlier without me, saying he was angry at me for lying to him. As a result, I was left alone in this.

It's understandable considering what happened yesterday. 

The news about Yamada getting hit and almost getting her nose broken spread quickly. However, the news about me defeating Sudo managed to eclipse a big part of that. 

It worked better than expected. 

Though Sudo got suspended for 5 days, Yamada is the one who took the real damage. 

Not only did he almost ruin her career as a model, but also rumors about how she might have had something with him and how Sudo did it on purpose for her cheating on him started to spread. 

The cause? A blog made by an anonymous user.

Yesterday I read the blog and found a lot of useful information within it. It contains knowledge that only someone from our class might know, but it seems the publisher is not aware of that flaw yet. 

I allowed myself to get in the spotlight this time so I could reduce the amount of gossip surrounding that problem. 

I knew the moment some students from other classes who were watching the basketball practice started to take pictures after the accident. Some even recorded the moment it happened and uploaded the video to their groups on LINE. Thus, adding credibility to the blog.

Fortunately, that worked in my favor as well by having them record how I defeated Sudo on speed and agility.

As collateral damage, I became the talk of the school. 

Everyone will forget about it eventually so I'll just deal with it for the time being.

Unfortunately, there's a major problem. There's a high chance the videos might get to the hands of that man. 

However, I did it knowing the consequences.

Once I arrived at my locker and took off my shoes, some people stopped what they were doing and looked at me. When I met their eyes, some of them averted their gaze. Though a few girls blushed when I looked at them. 

Deciding to ignore them, I went straight to my class.

...

2

When I entered the classroom, Adachi and his friends greeted me. 

"H-Hi Ayanokouji. You were amazing yesterday." Adachi says.

"Yeah man, we didn't think you were that fast." His chubby friend said.

I answer. " I just caught him by surprise. I run a lot in the mornings so you could say the only thing going for me is my speed. I don't think the same thing will happen again."