Chapter 4

AMINA
—————

"Mrs. Smith, please, you should lay down. Your temperature is high. I am going to give you an IV so you can get better soon. Okay?" I say to Mrs.Smith and get her an IV. As soon as I leave her room, I let out a relief breath. God, she is such a handful of work!

"Hard time with her again?" Alice says getting out of an other room. "Yeah. Sometimes they can be really stressful to deal with. But luckily our shift ends in half an hour. I really can't wait to go back home." I say, tired.

"I can't wait either. I was in a surgery a hour ago and it got me so stressed. Even my skin can feel it. I really need a face mask and a good face cream right now or else I will look like my grandma." Alice complains making me smile.

The shift just ended and now I am changing my clothes in the changing room, my phone vibrates from a notification. It was mom. I didn't had time to check her message because she called me.

"Hey, mom. How are you doing?" I ask her.
"Oh. Nothing much. Look. A friend of mine and her husband are organising a charity party. Your dad cannot make it so me and you are going.
I want you in your best dress and hairstyle and makeup and shoes and everything. I want you to shine. If you and me don't be the best women in the party, we are not going. And since you don't know much about this things, you will have to go to a good hair salon. I want you ready by seven. I will pick you up at home." With those words she hungs up without getting my answer if I really wanted to or not. Like she cares.

"Hey, Alice. Do you know a good hair salon near by? I have a charity party tonight that I should go." I ask her.
"Sure girl. My cousin has her own hair salon near my house. She is really good. I can ask her if she can get you an appointment right now. Okay?" She tells me.
"Perfect." I say getting out of the hospital and heading to the hair salon.

I recognise Alice's cousin immediately. I have meet Kally before. She is so cute and kind. She did my hair and my skincare and my makeup and my nails and everything else. I choose a dark green colour since I am wearing an emerald dress my aunt bought me as a gift. My hair was curled and my face was shining from all the glitter. I love it.
As I pay Kally. My mum texted me if I was ready. I texted her that I just needed to put my dress on. I rush back home with my sore feet and silently enter inside worryed if dad heard me but not. I go upstairs and get my dress. It is long, off shoulder and a big cut shows my left leg. I like it but it also shows some scars. I covered them with makeup. I also covered some scars in my back leaving only my butterfly tattoo untouch.
I love that tattoo. I got it when I was twenty. My dad got so angry that day but he couldn't beat me up because he was leaving for Boston for a work trip. But that doesn't mean that I didn't got punched for it.

A car horn pulles me up from the deepness of my thoughts. I get downstairs and see mom in... My car?
"Mom. What are you doing with my car?" I ask her.
"Mine broke down at work. Plus yours is more new and cleaner and bigger than mine." She says checking me out. "Finally. You look like a lady. When we arrive there, you will also acct as a lady. Don't speak much, don't answer random people without my permission and don't drink much. I don't want you to be like your father. Understand?" She asks me strictly without looking at me.
I nod my head. "Understand?" She asks even louder than before getting angry.
"Yes, mother. I understand." I say a bit scared.
"Good." She said pulling out of the driveway.
We got in a gorgeous place who also looked very expensive. A lot of people were entering and a lot of bodyguards were around. Whoever this couple is, they were really rich. As we getting inside, I see so many people and an amazing decor. Like we were in a royal palace and not in here.
I go after my mom which was kissing and hugging an other woman.
"Oh, Jasmine. You haven't changed a bit darling. Still as young and beautiful as I remember. Oh. And where is Tom?" This woman asks looking around for dad.
"Oh. Tom couldn't make it. He is still at the hospital. He is in a surgery right now. But I brought my daughter in his place. I hove you don't mind." Mom says smiling putting one hand in my shoulder, pushing me toward the other woman.
"No. No darling. Not a bit. Oh god she is so gorgeous. I remember her when she was just... What? 2 months old? She has grown so much and became such a lovely lady. Hello dear." The woman says to me giving me a hug. Of course, I hug her back. "Oh, my god. Andrew, come here darling. Look who joined us. Jasmine and her little daughter, Amina. You remember her?" She asks some man next to us. Clearly her husband.
"Not really darling. Sorry." He says in an apologetic tone as a man called him away.

"So you got graduated for nursery?" The woman asks. "Yes. She got at the top three the best students of her college, actually. My baby worked really hard to get here. With a bit of her mother's support of course." Mom answered for me as I smiled awkwardly.
"Good job, beautiful. Beauty and brain. I like it. Are you in a relationship or something?" Oh,god. She couldn't ask an other question, could she?

"No. She just started her job. She is trying to make a little bit of a name first. Maybe the next year she will be with her soulmate." Mom answers again in my name.

"Excuse me." I say and leave the women alone heading to the bathroom.
Why does it have  to be about him everywhere I go? Why can't I stop thinking about him? What did I do wrong with him? Why do I still see dreams with him every night? He broke me and I still think about him. Well, not specifically for him, about what he did.
As some tears fill my eyes, I refuse to let them go. I take a few deep breaths and get out of the bathroom to meet mom and that woman again

As mom hands me a glass of champagne, I see a group of three boys my age or a bit older looking at my direction. One of them winks at me. I don't know what to do.

Luckily, the party didn't last long. We were home by ten o'clock. The situation I see is horrifying.

The front door is broken down at the floor, the living room is a mess and dad looks horrible with his blood coming out of his busted lip and nose.
"Tom. What happened here? What happened to you?" Mom asks him worried. "Girl, go get the first aid kit and clean your father.'' mom says and I rush to the kitchen.

As I'm cleaning dad's face, he says harshly "Tomorrow evening we are having dinner with Bonetti family. All three of us. No arguments. Do not embarrass me. Okay?"

Me and mom nod.

Who is Bonetti family?
___________________________________________

Hey guys. Chapter 4 is here. Do any of you know what will happens when  Amina and Luca first meet? 🤔
Anyway, we will see that tomorrow

Love you'll

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Words:1362

His Butterfly जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें