11 .·:· Beneath the Canopy

Seignac, Guillaume. 'Diana, The Huntress'. 19th Century⋆.ೃ࿔*:·

Words:  2,004

゜゜·

Language waning

゜゜·

╔═*.·:·. .·:·.*═╗

six days before the summer solstice

"Stop touching me," Phoebe snapped, swatting at Lee's hand as he playfully punched the air around her, narrowly missing her by millimetres.

"I'm not," Lee grinned cheekily, his movements teasingly close to her but not quite making contact.

"I don't trust you not to accidentally hit me right now," she retorted quickly, grimacing as she eyed him warily before returning her attention back to her paperwork, trying to block out his persistent distractions. But her concentration was short-lived as Lee leaned in closer, his lips pursed in silent mischief, but he was only met with a slight frown.

"Come on, it's break time," he urged, his voice laced with playful insistence.

"I'm not done yet," Phoebe insisted, scribbling something out on the paper in front of her.

"Dumbass," he muttered under his breath, and in response, she lifted her gaze to shoot Lee an unimpressed look.

"Dick," she shot back, a ghost of a smile on her face.

Lee's lips twitched, and he raised his gaze to something behind her. "Oh, hey Luke," he greeted, his smiling widening. "What up?"

Phoebe instantly spun around, her ponytail swishing behind her. But she was met with no one, and then before she could react, a hand darted in front of her and snatched the clipboard from her grasp. She whirled back around to find a triumphant Lee, who now held the clipboard just out of her reach, raising it above his head when she tried to grab it back.

"Lee," she whined in frustration, reaching up on her tiptoes to no avail.

"Phoebe," he mimicked her tone, his grin widening.

"Don't be a dick," she huffed, "give it back, I've got work to do."

Lee's smile dropped slightly, as he looked disapprovingly down at her, "You've been working for two days straight."

"Lee, please."

"Hey, am I such a bad guy for wanting to hang out with my big sis?" he asked, squinting at her in mock innocence. He was challenging her.

Phoebe pursed her lips and sunk her shoulders. Dick, she thought. "Fine. I'll have a small break," she relented, raising a finger at him to point at him. "A very small break."

A smile instantly broke out on Lee's tanned face, and he dropped the clipboard onto the desk before grabbing Phoebe's hand and pulling her out of the med bay.

"Where are we going," Phoebe wheezed out as they started running, struggling to keep up with Lee's long strides.

"There was talk of jumping off the bridge," He replied, excitement filling his voice.

"The old one over the river?"

"Yeah!"

·.  .·゜゜·  ·゜゜··.