Chapter 27 Striptease Dance

Jace's P.O.V.

Next day,

In the evening, I stand outside Zara's house, frustrated as she isn't opening the door.

After taking out my phone from my pocket, I dial her number.

After three rings, she finally answers, and I sigh.

"Zara, where are you? Why aren't you opening the door? Is everything okay, baby?" I ask, worried for her.

"Jace, I'm not at home and busy. I'll call you as soon as I get free." She hangs up without listening to me, making me suspicious because she has never done this before.

I just hope she is fine.

After opening WhatsApp, I text her.

Me: Take care and don't forget to call me as soon as possible.

As I finish typing the message to Zara, my eyes fall on her car parked outside.

Did she lie to me? But why? I should check on her.

I climb through the window and quietly enter her room. The sight that greets me leaves my heart sinking—Zara, in tears, sitting alone on the bed.

"Zara..." I call out softly, my worry intensifying. She startles at my presence and hastily wipes away the tears.

I approach her, concern etched on my face. "What happened, baby? Why are you crying?" I ask, my voice filled with worry.

As she rushes into my arms, seeking solace, I embrace her tightly.

"My uncle came to meet me," she begins, sobbing. "He ordered me to stay away from you because the maid of the house disclosed everything about us. He was furious, and despite my attempts to explain, he wouldn't listen, Jace."

I caress her hair, reassuring her. "Baby, relax. We'll figure this out together."

She pulls away from me and looks at me, clueless. "I don't know, Jace. How will I explain to him? He's so furious."

After gently cupping her face in my hands, I wipe away the tears and give her a tender smile. "Zara, we'll face this together. We can find a way to make him understand. But most importantly, you're not alone in this. I'm here for you."

After kissing her forehead, I guide her to sit on the edge of the bed, keeping my arm around her shoulders.

Sitting beside her, I take her hands in mine. "Let's talk to him and explain our side of the story."

"It's difficult to make him understand, Jace. Once he decides something, he doesn't listen to anyone."

I gently squeeze her hands. "Don't worry. Your Jace will make him understand." I cup her face and continue, "And trust me, nobody can keep us apart."

She passes me a small smile. "I feel much better now. Thank you for being there for me." As she rests her head on my chest, I place a soft kiss on her head.

"I'm always there for you," I whisper, caressing her hair.

We pull apart immediately as her door knocks.

"Jace, you need to leave now. It must be my uncle." She freaks out.

"Relax! Let him come, I'll talk to him-"

"Jace, let me talk to him first. He'll get more angry if he sees you here now. Please go," as she implores, I nod, understanding her.

"Fine! I'm leaving. Just remember, we'll go through this together." I place a quick kiss on her forehead before leaving in haste through the window.