Chapter 67 Who Kidnapped Giana

"She's alright, Steve," Grace murmurs, resting her head on my shoulder. "The doctor has confirmed it."

"I know, but I still can't stop myself from worrying about her. She was away from us for a month, Grace," I respond, constantly checking Giana's forehead, hand, and every inch of her body to make sure that she isn't hurt.

Grace and I sit on the bed, Giana nestled in my lap, while Evan sleeps nearby. It's been hours since we reunited with our daughter. It feels surreal, almost too good to be true. How did Giana end up here, alone and unharmed? And why did the kidnapper choose to return her now, after all this time?

Grace brushes a stray lock of hair away from Giana's forehead. "I understand, Steve. It's been a harrowing ordeal for all of us, but the important thing is that she's back now, safe and sound."

"I just can't help but think something isn't right," I respond, my gaze fixed on Giana's peaceful face as she sleeps soundly in my lap. "Why would the kidnapper leave her at our doorstep after keeping her away for a month?"

"It's a mystery we'll have to unravel," Grace says, her fingers tracing circles on Giana's cheek. "But for now, let's just be grateful that she's here with us."

What if this isn't over yet? What if the nightmare is far from over? As these thoughts cross my mind, my hand trembles.

Sensing my unease, Grace entwines her fingers with mine. "Baby, everything is fine. Just relax." She reassures me, stroking my cheek with his other hand.

"I just can't shake off this feeling of dread, Grace. What if something happens again? What if..."

She places a finger on my lips, silencing me. "Don't think like that, Steve. We can't dwell on the 'what ifs'. We have to focus on the present and cherish this moment with our daughter."

She's right, as always. I take a deep breath, trying to calm my racing thoughts. Giana moves in my lap and lifts her hand to touch my face. I lean in and press my lips on her forehead, feeling a rush of love.

"You're right, Grace. We should cherish this moment and be grateful for the miracle that brought Giana back to us." I smile at Grace, my hand caressing Giana's forehead.

She returns my smile before cupping my face and capturing my lips in a soft kiss. I deepen the kiss, sliding my hand into her hair and pulling her closer to me. She moans as I bite her lower lip before sucking her soft lips passionately.

I pull away reluctantly, my heart pounding with desire. "Love, I need you," I whisper, my voice husky with longing.

She looks at me with desire. "I need you too, Steve," she murmurs, her fingers tracing my face.

We carefully lie down the twins in the crib before losing ourselves in each other after a long month, forgetting everything.

***

One Month Later

I come to meet Jace in his mansion. It's been a month, he has been avoiding me. He didn't even attend the dinner party when Giana returned. Something doesn't feel right. It's as if he's hiding something or facing some kind of trouble.

It's still a mystery who kidnapped Giana. Despite our daughter's safe return a month ago, the unanswered questions stay in the back of my mind. Who took her, and why? Why wait a month to return her to us?

However, it's a relief that she is now with us, safe.

I settle down in the hall, waiting for Jace as a maid has gone to call him from his room.

My phone beeps, and as I reach for it in my jeans, my car key falls to the floor. Bending down to retrieve it, I notice a tiny bracelet under the table.