Chapter 5 - Blind Banker Part 1

Y/n was settled comfortably in Sherlock's armchair, reading a newspaper casually whilst the detective hunched over the kitchen table, attempting another experiment. 

"There might be an attack in around two minutes, Y/n." he mumbled, pulling up his protective goggles to look at her figure. Something about her seemed new, enthralling. Perhaps it was having someone on the same mental level, finally. She nodded and folded the newspaper once more, stretching out before they arrived. Sherlock hastily finished the first part of his reaction, pouring permanganate in a first beaker with the other chemical compound he's been heating. A slight hiss escaped the glassware, bubbles forming on the surface of the liquid. He did a small smile and left it there, to let chemistry do it's thing. 

The door burst open and two men entered, from Sherlock's previous case.

"Right, let's do this boys." Y/n smiled and cracked her knuckles. 

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.

Thirty minutes later, she was in Sherlock's chair, this time typing up work reports on her laptop, slightly bored. Sherlock, sitting at the table, working his way through papers, glanced every now and again at the woman sitting cross-legged in his armchair. Usually, he didn't let anyone sit there but once more, something about her was different; something made him not really care if she was in his armchair. He could use John's and John would just have to deal with it. 

Speaking of which, John entered the flat, looking seriously distressed and frustrated. Y/n looked up at him from her computer screen and waved in a friendly manner. 

"You took your time. " Sherlock said smugly, noticing John coming back empty handed. 

"There was a problem at the store." John mumbled, shifting nervously from foot to foot. 

"What?" Y/n suddenly was interested and used her arm as a headrest, anticipating the story. Judging from John's flushed face, it must have been really embarassing or really funny. But since it was John, probably both.

"I had a row."

"With?" Sherlock raised an eyebrow, the memories of the fight a few minutes ago still fresh in his mind. As well as the cushion that had been stabbed open. 

" With a machine. It kept talking to me and I yelled abuse." 

"You..." Y/n gasped in laughter pointing at John, hysterical. " yelled abuse at a check out machine! What did you say to it?" 

"Y/n..." John sighed, rubbing his temple. 

"Did anyone film it? Please tell me we can access the store's security footage!"  

"Y/n, I suggest you hush before I tell everyone about your..." 

"My what John?" Y/n started, challenging him. They knew no secrets quite yet. 

"Well Y/n..." John strode over to her and started ruffling her hair and messing around with Y/n. "Why are there so many feathers here?" 

"Nothing. " Y/n answered too quickly, going back to type her reports. John frowned a little and turned to the detective, sitting across from Y/n, for an explanation.

"And what happened about the case you were offered, with the Jaria diamond?" 

"Not interested." Y/n and Sherlock answered at the exact same time, making both of them look up suddenly. "We sent them a message." Sherlock firmly added, back to his book, legs crossed in the armchair. 

Now what in the world? John thought. 

"Take my card." Sherlock gestured to his wallet, amused smile on his lips.