Chapter 10:This ice queen is a bit forward

The actions of Esdeath were a shock, but they couldn't really act in such a crowded place. Especially against a monster like her.

So they choose to retreat and report it back to base. As it was expected, the news haven't been taken too well.

Akame:What!? Esdeath took Kumagawa!

This only emphatized how grave the situation is, Akame usually doesn't have such a strong response to anything. Well, the majority of them thought the situation was dire.

Akame:Did she realize he was a member of Night Raid!?

Lubock:We couldn't fell any bloodlust from her, though...

Leone:There's a chance she did, but I doubt it. The only way to know for sure would be to go to the Palace and find out...What should we do, Acting Boss?

Akame:Kumagawa...

As Najenda was currently away on bussiness, the important decisions were to be taken by Akame. However, someone else had to interject.

Mine:I hope you're not gonna say something stupid like to go to rescue him. You realize that place is filled with traps and top soldiers, right? It's impossible for us right now.

Kei looked over at Mine. The pinkette had been on edge since his return.

It was understatable, apparently Sheele was killed while on a mission with Mine by a soldier possesing a Teigu while he was away. Of course, Sheele was with them at the table right now alive and well because of All Fiction.

However, the trauma of that incident still deeply affected Mine. Kei can guess that Kumagawa hasn't erased her memory because he's interesed in what results that trauma would bring.

Akame:...Yes.

Kei:Well, it's not as bad as it may seem.

Bulat:Really?

Kei:From our current knowglede, we can deduce the tournament was some kind of recruiting strategy.

Leone:That seems likely...

Kei:Kumagawa-kun can't even die to begin with. Beside that, do you know what his top skill is?

Lubock:Uh...Killing?

Kei:No, that is mine.

Mine:Pissing people off?

Kei:That is on the list.

Sheele:Torture resistance.

Kei:Surprisingly, no.

Bulat:Suvivability?

Kei:He, he just so happens to be abnormally tough.

Akame:Than what is it?

Kei:Lying.

Akame:Lying?

Kei:Yes, through my time with him I saw very few instances of Kumagawa-kun ever breaking his act abd those were under very specific circumstances. Another way he often uses All Fiction is to to erase the time it'd take him to get somewhere, like teleportation, so he could really escape anytime he wishes. He's probably gathering intel right now as everyone thinks he's in an unfavorable situation.

Mine:...Okay, even I have to admit that's smart.

Akame:I see. Regardless, he's still a member of Night Raid. We'll give him our support, should we encounter him.

Right now Kumagawa found himself in a chair inside the Palace. It wasn't even an gradiose chair, just a normal one.

Esdeath was preseting him to a punch of people while he was being restrained by rope. She took the chain acting as a leash off, but for some reason she still left the collar on.