Chapter 18: Nagumo's Demands

Ayanokouji P.O.V

Waking up at my usual time, I prepared for my second day ahead as a Class A student. Following my daily routines, I made my way to the classroom. After my meeting with Hiyori yesterday, I went to the Teachers' office to retrieve my phone. They provided me with a new phone containing all my contacts and the same phone number. My Private Points were also transferred back to me.

With my phone secured, I visited Arisu's room as she had requested. While engaged in our 19th round of chess, Ichika called me. If I hadn't retrieved my phone, she wouldn't have been able to contact me. Both Ichika and Nanase had come to check on me. I explained that it would take a while for me to return, and we agreed to meet later.

Before ending the call, I asked them for a favor, a plan I had in mind since my challenge with Yagami was decided. The reward for this favor was suggested by Arisu, who believed it would serve as a good motivation. I agreed and provided them with instructions on what to do.

Though Arisu and others still not aware of my battle with Yagami. And I would like to keep it that way till the very end.

But as far as I can tell, Yagami is not that big a deal compared to Koenji. And there is this masked man who seems to know a lot about me. He also said that he has produced someone stronger than me. I have to keep all this a secret from her.

"Good morning, Prince."

While I was lost in thought, Hashimoto greeted me.

"Good morning,"

I greeted him back and we decided to go to class together.

"So, Prince, did your little date with Shiina-san go well?"

"I don't think you should call it a date... but yeah, thanks to you, I was able to talk to her easily."

"Haha, glad I could help,"

Although I really don't know what he did, but seeing how everything seems normal so far, maybe I was just thinking too much.

After that, we discussed some trivial things until we arrived at the classroom.

"Um, Prince, before we enter the class, could you promise to be my shield today?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's just that I have a bad feeling that something's going to happen."

He said, averting his eyes.

"I'm not sure. But you helped me yesterday, so for today I don't mind."

"Sigh... I don't have to worry about anything now."

Then we opened the front door of the classroom and were met with an unexpected scene.

*

"Restrain him!" Most of them said, pointing at Hashimoto as soon as we entered.

"W-wait, what's going on?"

He seems as confused as I am.

Having promised him, I stood in front of him, facing the onslaught of students.

I smoothly dealt with each student who approached him, taking care not to hit back hard.

After they saw that they couldn't get at Hashimoto when I was near him, they gave up their attack.

It's probably an order from Arisu, I guess Hashimoto did something yesterday, after all.

I tried to locate Arisu, and ask about it. Soon after finding her I made my way towards her, and Hashimoto tagged along behind me, with a cold sweat.