Chapter 7, Glimmer of hope in the dark.

The coldness of the gloomy desert night has reached through all of her bones...wiped away all her tears. All stages of grief have been felt.

All that is left...

Is acceptance.

"Aya!!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

Footsteps radiate late at night.

Fazed, Aya does not reply to the voice. Her eyes, emotionless.

Her soul yearns to scream back at the voice calling out to her.

"Get me out of this..."

All she could let out is a numbed scream, biting her shaking fingers.

Next to her... is still the lifeless body...

The rain is still pouring. As if time hasn't passed.

Even if her body is lifeless, and her soul has returned to her creator...

Aya still holds her hands over her pale, lifeless face.

As if she was trying to shield her face from the cold rain.

Shielding something that is not alive anymore.

Trying even if there is nothing to get back.

Has she lost all her sanity?

"Aya!!!" The voice reached out, again.

No response.

"Aya!!!"

Again, no response.

"Aya!!! I will search the whole night and day for you!!! Please... you have to be here... You can't be gone!!! You promised me you'd be back. You told me I could count on you! Don't do this to me... We are in this together! Just please...reply to me. Wherever you are. I beg you, Aya please..."

Aya: ("That's... Amara's voice... at least she is alive... I can not reply to her... she can't see me like this...)

(In fear that Amara would see her in a state like this, Aya fastly tries to get off the blood off of her.)

"I have failed, I can not let her see me like this."

Amara's footsteps come closer and closer. Aya's heart skips a beat.

" AYA! THANK GOD YOU ARE OKAY... Wait...
A...aya...you...are covered in blood."
(Amara's voice suddenly changes from relief to pure shock.)

(Aya does not reply. Her eyes emotionlessly go over to grandmother Aysha's cold body.)

Amara: "Grandmother Aysha is...dead?"

(No reply. The silence is deafening and numbing. Every second weighs infinity.)

Amara: "ANSWER ME AYA!"

(No reply. Aya's pain is deafening and blinding her rationality and acknowledgement of reality.)

"I...have failed."
Amara: "YOU HAVE FAILED WHAT?!" Amara yells out, with thousands of emotions leaking out.

(A minute of silence.)

"I have failed."

Amara: "CAN YOU SPEAK IN A WAY THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND?! WHAT HAPPENED TO HER, AYA? What happened to you...your hands are drowned in blood. I thought you were... dead."

(Aya does not reply again.)

Amara: "The rain sure helps to hide the tears...huh?"

(No reply.)

Amara: "Listen, we will bring grandmother Aysha back, Aya... we will-"

Aya: "YOU WANT TO BRING SOMETHING BACK THAT HAS VANISHED?!" ( Heart breaking anger and melancholy explodes out of Aya.)